Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 pics: Model 3
( from Spotted 3 model 3's in SF going to the grocery store • r/teslamotors )

iQrFi6a.jpg

JPgnLzi.jpg

Model 3 could also already be in Europe (Tilburg, Netherlands) for EU approval:

Tesla model 3 in Tilburg factory (unconfirmed) • r/teslamotors

Maybe it is why there is that one in New Zealand?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoTslaGo and JoaoD
That appears to be the Trader Joe's at Hyde and California. I can only see two Model 3s in the photo, not "3", but whatever. Curious how they are sometimes spotted in groups. As to the second hand report of a sighting at the Tilburg location in Denmark, that does not surprise me. Need to get EU approvals. SPECULATION: And it could support my SWAG that Tesla is "seeding" countries they sell in with Model 3 showroom cars which will be unveiled on the day of the final reveal in late July..
6 pics: Model 3
( from Spotted 3 model 3's in SF going to the grocery store • r/teslamotors )

iQrFi6a.jpg

JPgnLzi.jpg

Model 3 could also already be in Europe (Tilburg, Netherlands) for EU approval:

Tesla model 3 in Tilburg factory (unconfirmed) • r/teslamotors

Maybe it is why there is that one in New Zealand?

Reactions: e-FTW
That appears to be the Trader Joe's at Hyde and California. I can only see two Model 3s in the photo, not "3", but whatever. Curious how they are sometimes spotted in groups. As to the second hand report of a sighting at the Tilburg location in Denmark, that does not surprise me. Need to get EU approvals. SPECULATION: And it could support my SWAG that Tesla is "seeding" countries they sell in with Model 3 showroom cars which will be unveiled on the day of the final reveal in late July..
The blue one and black one are together, the white one is on the other side under the Kars 4 Kids sign

it is pre-production (speaking of fit and finish).

The good news is that minor mis-alignment of especially doors and rear hatches are easy to fix. Loosen a few bolts, adjust or install a shim if necessary, and retightening. I've done it with other cars I have owned.

At this point .... and certainly by the time my number comes up (projected to be early 2018 )I will be more concerned about rattles, handling and creature comforts. This will quite probably be my last new car (I am 79). I will be most interested in the basic M3 with the largest battery possible. I do not care about enhansed performance (0-60); expensive wheels; pricey paint; or extra cost roof panels. I'm thinking that by 2018 the supercharger network will be even greater, and I plan to do some touring. My 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid will be just about ready to trade, so things are working out well for me.

I will continue to read this forum, especially after members are driving the M3. I'll be very attentive to your experiences, issues, likes and dis-likes.

The good news is that minor mis-alignment of especially doors and rear hatches are easy to fix. Loosen a few bolts, adjust or install a shim if necessary, and retightening. I've done it with other cars I have owned.

At this point .... and certainly by the time my number comes up (projected to be early 2018 )I will be more concerned about rattles, handling and creature comforts. This will quite probably be my last new car (I am 79). I will be most interested in the basic M3 with the largest battery possible. I do not care about enhansed performance (0-60); expensive wheels; pricey paint; or extra cost roof panels. I'm thinking that by 2018 the supercharger network will be even greater, and I plan to do some touring. My 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid will be just about ready to trade, so things are working out well for me.

I will continue to read this forum, especially after members are driving the M3. I'll be very attentive to your experiences, issues, likes and dis-likes.
Easy to fix assuming the panels are actually stamped correctly. Since the 3 is using more steel over aluminum, it behaves different in the stamping dies. I assume what we are seeing with the trunk lid is just needing more attention and care to install it better, but I could easily see the shape of that part being tricky to stamp. It's possible those two upper "tabs" spring back some after it is stamped. Designing stamping dies is not always easy.

At least the earlier RCs do not have panels stamped from the final dies. Maybe none of them do. I'm wondering if the final stamping dies are complete and how much lead time they need to get them incorporated into the final production line. At some point this year Elon tweeted that they were not done yet. (Maybe some twitter user can find that tweet. Or maybe that was stated in an earnings call.)

Interesting to see the Model 3 parked next to one of it's competitors, the Mercedes C-class. Model 3 comes across as smaller probably because it's not as tall. Hope the Model 3 get's folding mirror like the C-class. They come in handy for tight parking lots like this one.
If you look at the side profile, the front end of the 3 is very short in height, and the backend is actually pretty high for a sedan. Meaning the view from the front makes it look super compact next to a regularly proportioned car.