Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to really like the dark wheels and especially love them with the white paint.
Although I think I will have to de-chrome to get the full look.
All of that is derailed if SigRed is a thing - I'm not convinced it really exists.
There are only 30 days left and we will all know exactly what we are wondering about all options.

I don't remember waiting for anything else like this.

Kid = 9 month wait
House = 10 month wait
Wedding = 11 month wait
Bachelor degree of Science = 3 years. One year longer than my Model 3@ 3/31/16 deposit

LOL.

I'm starting to really like the dark wheels and especially love them with the white paint.
Although I think I will have to de-chrome to get the full look.
All of that is derailed if SigRed is a thing - I'm not convinced it really exists.
You don't have to order colors on things anymore.

If you want your wheels another color.....just plastidip them.
DipYourCar - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint

Of course....I would never use that stuff on my car, however I would on my wheels.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
QUOTE="diamond.g, post: 2168588, member: 40705"]I also find it interesting that the 3 doesn't have the front-side grills like the S and X do. Wasn't that where the radiator/fan was that kicked in during SC sessions?[/QUOTE]

I think it's because the Model 3 may only have one radiator, in the center. Here's how the Model S triple radiators are arranged:

IMAG0142.jpg

Maybe there is less heat to cool from the smaller batteries, smaller motors, and/or lower output of both? Or, or, or...maybe those two vertical slits are actually intakes??

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
What is that in front of the steering wheel?View attachment 233180
Retrofit HUD.
QUOTE="diamond.g, post: 2168588, member: 40705"]I also find it interesting that the 3 doesn't have the front-side grills like the S and X do. Wasn't that where the radiator/fan was that kicked in during SC sessions?

I think it's because the Model 3 may only have one radiator, in the center. Here's how the Model S triple radiators are arranged:

IMAG0142.jpg

Maybe there is less heat to cool from the smaller batteries, smaller motors, and/or lower output of both? Or, or, or...maybe those two vertical slits are actually intakes??[/QUOTE]
You are correct. triple stack doesn't make sense if designer tries to simplify design.
Though it is possible that there will be two fans, there will be one stack of radiators:
Front one will be the AC condenser, second one will be the glycol coolant radiator.

There will be less performance from Model 3. Not only output, input (Supercharging) as well.
Though lighter vehicle means 30% less power is not 30% slower vehicle.

There are only 30 days left and we will all know exactly what we are wondering about all options.

I don't remember waiting for anything else like this.

Kid = 9 month wait
House = 10 month wait
Wedding = 11 month wait
Bachelor degree of Science = 3 years. One year longer than my Model 3@ 3/31/16 deposit

LOL.
Last kid to move out = 25 year wait