Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best pics from t

How'd the interior look? Seats? Trim? How was the charge port? Was there an LED anywhere?

The seats looked like it was either leather or leatherette. The seats were one piece; the headrest and the seat were conjoined like the first gen seats on the Model S. Build quality of the seats looked similar to that of a BMW 3 series, but more crude in the fit and finish.

No LED indicator from what I saw. No magnetic latch on the charge port either.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
A blue RC spotted with aero wheels.
lx1n5olmlv2z.jpg

Touched it up a bit. (I'm planning on ordering the aero wheels and deleting the silver part of the rim for a nicer black)
BlueModel3Wheels.jpg

I cannot corroborate the story, but thought I would pass along the info nevertheless. The mrs. told me on Friday that she witnessed a car carrier leaving the Fremont factory plant with a load of freshly manufactured model 3s. She was following it as it got onto the freeway, but was unable to snap a picture as she was driving alone and the truck stopped shortly thereafter at the weigh-station and she did not want to be cited for pulling off the highway to take the pic. She did say they still had the filmy skin on the hoods so she was not sure about the colors, but there was a mix of them according to her. Could this be an outbound test group headed for wider distribution, or preparing for placing them in the show stores?

Touched it up a bit. (I'm planning on ordering the aero wheels and deleting the silver part of the rim for a nicer black)

I'd be very interested to know how you intend to darken the alloy edge. We could powder coat of course but that will require the full alloy to be coated. Other temporary paint options may easily scratch or peel off.

View attachment 230755

View attachment 230756
Those are factory colors for Model S & Model X. That's just one of the varieties available in the current paint shop: they stick the Model 3 RC body in to the paint shop, and out comes a painted Model 3 body. I wonder if the final Model 3 release colors will be a different palette. I'm not asking for that; I'm just asking out of branding. Most cheap car manufacturers put cheaper palettes on their cheaper cars. That might not be a good idea for Tesla which is trying to save money.