Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For awhile yes. I think they stopped because the perforations kept tearing. Don't recall if X ever had them or not. I'd expect all Teslas to get them again, eventually.
The Model X had them, yes (I have one with ventilated seats). I don't remember if the S ever got them. They did not get them when they first introduced the refresh nose, or when ultra white seats became available. I stopped paying attention after that, so the S may have gotten it for a short period before they were completely discontinued.

Hmm. The sunroof is one object that has a single axis of movement. There are 4 vents in the dash of my Model S and they have two axes of movement. Are you saying there's going to be a screen that allows individual control of all the vents in 2D space? If so, that's the most complicated implementation of something that is inherently very simple.
Or, in other words, "not all improvements are improvements."
Robin

The Model X had them, yes (I have one with ventilated seats). I don't remember if the S ever got them. They did not get them when they first introduced the refresh nose, or when ultra white seats became available. I stopped paying attention after that, so the S may have gotten it for a short period before they were completely discontinued.
The S had them for a few months at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017. I missed out on them by a week but once they were discontinued, I was glad that I didn't get them.

Reactions: ccutrer
currently I am stuck on that one long piece of wood
o_O

Oh you mean the wood trim. Many cars have wood trim.
c5c70a4d489e9fcac6fca06afdd63b96.jpg

Meaning they plan out the route and make sure their AI is able to handle the specific conditions that they will meet. The car is still observing the environment around it and making the decisions (i.e., stop at the light, yield to the pedestrian, read the speed limit sign and follow it). I don't expect someone to get in the car, say "take me to New York" and have it work (at least, not for the demo this year).

But are you suggesting they should be allowed to do, or will be doing, anything more than just pressing on the touchscreen which supercharger to arrive at next?

Every modern ac systm already has electromechanical components controling the airflow to various parts of the cabin. Final airvents only offered posibility too close the flow. Same can be established with same amount of electromechanical components.

The UI will be very tricky to implement for this (see my earlier post). Much simpler to just use manual vents (and lower cost).

Additionally the complements you mention merely regulate the air delivery rate and maybe switch a valve or two. For vent positioning you need precise 2D space control for each individual vent.

But are you suggesting they should be allowed to do, or will be doing, anything more than just pressing on the touchscreen which supercharger to arrive at next?
I'm suggesting that for the demo they will have the route planned out exactly and will have ensured that there's nothing inherent to the road that will cause problems for their AI. As for the small details of how the "driver" interacts with the car and tells it to go, I have no idea. The important part of the demo is showing that the car can successfully navigate obstacles, not that it can find a route or have minimal interaction with the driver. Those things are important, but not for this demo.

Reactions: garsh