Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pair of Model 3's I saw the other day. • r/teslamotors

The same white with no right cover...

KPJgMmn.jpg

vB1NloT.jpg

ZZOML4c.jpg

At 1945PST I was northbound on the 280 at Arastradero Road and I noticed what I assumed was a white Model S ahead of me in the far right lane, I think it had just merged onto the freeway. Then its brake lights flashed for a moment and I realized it was not an S but a Model 3. I came along side and my wife took photos. She got the attention of the driver -- a young guy -- and gave him a thumbs up: he smiled and gave her a thumbs up in return. He exited a few minutes later at Alpine Road. We were very excited to see it! The Model 3 is a beautiful car and Tesla is not going to be able to keep up with demand for years to come.

And yes there is a dent in the body just below the door on the drivers side.
IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

Last edited:
At 1945PST I was northbound on the 280 at Arastradero Road and I noticed what I assumed was a white Model S ahead of me in the far right lane, I think it had just merged onto the freeway. Then its brake lights flashed for a moment and I realized it was not an S but a Model 3. I came along side and my wife took photos. She got the attention of the driver -- a young guy -- and gave him a thumbs up: he smiled and gave her a thumbs up in return. He exited a few minutes later at Alpine Road. We were very excited to see it! The Model 3 is a beautiful car and Tesla is not going to be able to keep up with demand for years to come.

And yes there is a dent in the body just below the door on the drivers side.
View attachment 231814

View attachment 231816

View attachment 231817

Gorgeous shots with the foothills behind it and golden hour lighting.

Reactions: GoTslaGo and jsrawa
Really interesting, thanks. However, it does repeat the very common media mistake of saying Mr Musk "launched" Tesla Motors. He did not. He came in, funded and took over a company that had already been launched, but was not likely to survive. He enabled Tesla Motors. His vision and drive were keys to its succcess. But he did not launch it.
Robin
Elon disagrees:
Elon Musk on Twitter