Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is going to be left to reveal?

Exactly how the interface works, rear seat amenities like door pockets and cup holders, and driving dynamics, for starters.

There are a lot of questions I have about the Model 3 that go much further than any preview photos can tell.

The trunk and the frunk will likely remain unseen on the release candidates so definitely looking forward to that.

Reactions: JeffK
ya.. i seriously cannot understand why we have not seen that colour either. I mean.. the paint shop is painting ALL Tesla Vehicles... so they already have the colour on standby... I WANT MIDNIGHT SILVER METALLIC!!!!!
I don't understand either. If the goal is to simplify production, then they should be reusing all of the existing Model S/X paint colors.
That was the point to the paint shop expansion wasn't it? To create capacity for Model 3.

What is going to be left to reveal?
Final front (and possibly rear) bumper covers, specs, price, front and rear trunks, final interior, user interface, features and options, and first deliveries.

With the Model S, we pretty much knew what the final car looked like, but they still made some tweaks for the production version. The Model X revealed a different interior, panoramic windshield, and the final bumper covers.

Model 3 spotted testing in Death Valley!
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 10.15.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 10.16.49 AM.png

Short video on Instagram:
Instagram post by • Jun 21, 2017 at 3:32am UTC

Let's all keep this Tesla engineer in our thoughts and prayers as they endure the sweltering 126 degree peaks of Death Valley

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as saying it is ugly but it sure is NOT a standout car like the Model S. It's similar to a Model X in that it is an ordinary looking car! It certainly won't get thumbs up at crosswalks like the model S does.
But then again, at about $60,00 grand equipped, one shouldn't;t complain I guess.
It looks like the front end isn't yet finished as I'm sure the Porche 911 look will disappear shortly before being released.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it is ugly but it sure is NOT a standout car like the Model S. It's similar to a Model X in that it is an ordinary looking car! It certainly won't get thumbs up at crosswalks like the model S does.
But then again, at about $60,00 grand equipped, one shouldn't;t complain I guess.
It looks like the front end isn't yet finished as I'm sure the Porche 911 look will disappear shortly before being released.
I disagree with pretty much everything you've said:
  • I find the M3 to be a very good looking car (rivaling the MS, and surpassing it in certain areas).
  • I don't find the Model X to be very ordinary looking - at first I thought it was ugly but the more I see them the more it grows on me.
  • Calling the M3 a $60,000 car is like calling the MS a $120,000 car.
  • I highly doubt the front end is going to change much, if at all, before release.

The ONLY thing I agree with of what you said is that the model S is something special.

- but "ordinary looking car" No way.
Interior3.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 7.39.12 AM.png

SportyVersion.jpg

Poster.jpg

I also think it would be illogical for the Model 3, the entry level Tesla, to make model S look under styled.

- With Tesla the base car looks like the higher end model, very little exterior work is done. So I don't get where your coming from with the $60,000. I can promise you people will be getting thumbs up when driving this. (at least until they get the production to 2018 levels)

- "front end isn't yet finished" Tesla isn't playing games with their RC candidates to entertain you, what you see is what you get.

Attachments

• Untitled 18.jpg
    Untitled 18.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 55
I wouldn't go as far as saying it is ugly but it sure is NOT a standout car like the Model S. It's similar to a Model X in that it is an ordinary looking car!
In my opinion, the S, X, and 3 are all extraordinary looking cars. They are very similar in appearance. And if you selected 100 American adults, chosen randomly (not Tesla owners) and showed them a photo of an S and then a photo of a 3, from any angle, I bet you less than half of them would realize the two photos showed a different car model. The 3 looks a lot like the S.