Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Ready To Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email from tesla today, that my model 3 is ready to order (California - bay area)

1. IS there any due date before which i need to make this order or it expires ? or something like that ?
2.Anybody got any approx time window, how long it will be between the date i put my order and take delivery ?
3.Do we know if there is an option with tesla, that lets me pay for the car , and register the car under someone else's name ? like a friend ?
--- This is more like letting the friend buy and register the car under his name, rather than me buying the car, transferring the title..

Unless your friend is a wife or son Tesla isn't permitting you to transfer the reservation.

This is incorrect. After you put down your $2500 confirmation payment, you are presented with several screens about how you want to register the car and have the chance to upload supporting drivers licenses and insurance docs. This is where you'd specify your friend’s info in lieu of yours. There is no friction to specifying info other than your own under than spirit of it being a ‘family’ member.

I you do not configure, your reservation doesn’t expire. You just go to the front of the build queue when you eventually order.

Average order to delivery timeline is under 30 days. Check out the Model 3 invites google sheet for more geekery on this front.