Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Badging Missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my M3 LR a few weeks ago. Well I just noticed today that my car doesn't have that Tesla "T" logo on the rear trunk. I looked on Tesla's website and the pics still show it having the "T" logo. Anyone else take delivery recently without the rear "T" logo? Honestly I'm actually happy it is not there as I planned on putting the T E S L A badging on the rear trunk anyways and this just makes it easier.

unnamed.jpg

Capture.PNG

When I got PPF they debadged the car for me and I decided not to have them put the badges back on, so I REALLY have a stealth M3 now. I find it is much easier to wash without all the badges to snag the wash mitts on. But I would definitely make sure Tesla gives you the rear T incase you want to resell the car in the future and the new owner cares about it.

Reactions: focher
When I got PPF they debadged the car for me and I decided not to have them put the badges back on, so I REALLY have a stealth M3 now. I find it is much easier to wash without all the badges to snag the wash mitts on. But I would definitely make sure Tesla gives you the rear T incase you want to resell the car in the future and the new owner cares about it.
I scheduled a service appointment in the app and told them just to mail me one so we’ll see what they say.

I find it is much easier to wash without all the badges to snag the wash mitts on.

Right? The Tesla badges are especially "snaggy".

I think I'm going to paint mine black, I have a nearly new can of Plastidip not being used for anything else, can't hurt, figure if I remove them and prefer that I'm good, if they look better back on chrome, I'll just peel off the coating and stick 'em back on :D

IMG-6381.jpg

IMG-6385.jpg

Added the T E S L A badging yesterday. Feel like I did a pretty good job centering it, not as easy as you would think. Hope it lasts a long time as it was only $15 on Amazon.

Side note, requested a T logo from the Charlotte service center and they had the audacity to ask if I wrapped my car i.e. I removed it myself and then asked Tesla for a new one. We will see what their response is later today after I told them no, you can see the car isn't wrapped just look at the picture...also the Dual Motor badging is still there...SMH the Charlotte service center is literally the worst.

Last edited: