Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear ended - let's see how long this takes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the model 3 brake lights were brighter.
probably would already help if USA would change their amber brakelights to red like everywhere else. Even if you just catch it with the edge of your peripheral vision you know red means brake/slowdown/stop.
Umm what? We don't have amber brake lights, they are red. We don't even have mandatory amber turn signals. (Some cars have red turn signals others have red.)

ehh other way round sorry. red = brakelight or stop but nothing else and all other lights have to be another colour

Reactions: Electroman
Good news - I picked my car up yesterday evening - only took 85 days. ;)
After a supplemental invoice the total ended up being $11,256 in damages.

Hopefully I’ll be able to update the software at some point - currently stuck at 21.9. I had gotten notification months ago that an update was ready but obveously the body shop didn’t update and haven’t see a notification on my phone since then. I’m sure it will show up or maybe I’ll just wait until I have to take it in to get the glove box fixed (mine was one of the builds that did not have a working glove box).

From other threads I’ve seen around it looks like part wait times have gotten better but I do have deep sympathy for anyone else who has to go through this, having the car in the body shop for 85 days after having it for just 26 days was a bummer!

Good news - I picked my car up yesterday evening - only took 85 days. ;)

Hopefully I’ll be able to update the software at some point - currently stuck at 21.9. I had gotten notification months ago that an update was ready but obveously the body shop didn’t update and haven’t see a notification on my phone since then. I’m sure it will show up or maybe I’ll just wait until I have to take it in to get the glove box fixed (mine was one of the builds that did not have a working glove box).

From other threads I’ve seen around it looks like part wait times have gotten better but I do have deep sympathy for anyone else who has to go through this, having the car in the body shop for 85 days after having it for just 26 days was a bummer!

Congrats on getting your car back. Do you have a little amber alarm clock icon on the top right corner of your screen? If so, that is the update, you can click on it to update the latest version the car downloaded.

Congrats on getting your car back. Do you have a little amber alarm clock icon on the top right corner of your screen? If so, that is the update, you can click on it to update the latest version the car downloaded.
Nope, no alarm clock notification in the corner. Not sure if that was added in a later update or something. I’ll probably wait a few days and see if I get an update notification. :)

Nope, no alarm clock notification in the corner. Not sure if that was added in a later update or something. I’ll probably wait a few days and see if I get an update notification. :)

You should call Tesla and have them push you the update - just let them know your situation and am sure they will do it. I'm pretty sure 21.9 is pre wi-fi, summon and some other goodies.

My model 3 was hit by a deer yesterday.... Near a national park.
But i was out in no where, and car was drivable so i drove back.

Wondering why you guys had your car towed?? Was it not drivable?

My car was technically driveable mechanically speaking but I had only one working/visible brake light and and no left turn signal. The CHP officer said I could drive it home (~2 miles) but said to have it towed to the body shop to avoid any other issues.

Good news - I picked my car up yesterday evening - only took 85 days.

Mind sharing the repair invoice to show the breakdown?

Reactions: KarenRei