Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Ended- Looking for advice from others

So, my < 1 mo 3 was rear ended 10 days ago while I was stopped at a stop sign. Claim is already going through insurance and the other party has taken 100% liability. The issue is that every tesla certified shop within 100 miles is booked out until February 2023...which I find ridiculous. I have a rental car for now, but Farmer's (the other parties insurance) is being wishy washy on if they are going to pay for a rental that far out (not to mention the actual repair time once it is in the shop). Farmer's is refusing to take over the rental claim unless I start the entire claim process over through them...which will only delay the repair process further, so I don't want to do that. The shops here can't even get you in for an estimate until end of Nov/beginning of Dec now...it's ludicrous.

I live in California so hoping for information from others in the state that have encountered issues like this as to what I can do/ am entitled to. I am fairly sure by law I am due a replacement vehicle until the repair is complete....I really wish it was just totaled, it would be so much easier.

I don't have an issue paying out of pocket for the rental once the 30 days with my insurance plan is up, I am just hesitant on whether I am going to be reimbursed for 3 months worth of car rentals.

Also, does anyone have experience with diminished value claims and how that went for them?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC