Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Ended- Looking for advice from others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my < 1 mo 3 was rear ended 10 days ago while I was stopped at a stop sign. Claim is already going through insurance and the other party has taken 100% liability. The issue is that every tesla certified shop within 100 miles is booked out until February 2023...which I find ridiculous. I have a rental car for now, but Farmer's (the other parties insurance) is being wishy washy on if they are going to pay for a rental that far out (not to mention the actual repair time once it is in the shop). Farmer's is refusing to take over the rental claim unless I start the entire claim process over through them...which will only delay the repair process further, so I don't want to do that. The shops here can't even get you in for an estimate until end of Nov/beginning of Dec now...it's ludicrous.

I live in California so hoping for information from others in the state that have encountered issues like this as to what I can do/ am entitled to. I am fairly sure by law I am due a replacement vehicle until the repair is complete....I really wish it was just totaled, it would be so much easier.

I don't have an issue paying out of pocket for the rental once the 30 days with my insurance plan is up, I am just hesitant on whether I am going to be reimbursed for 3 months worth of car rentals.

Also, does anyone have experience with diminished value claims and how that went for them?