Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 rear light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Model 3 for 2 weeks now. I just noticed driver side rear light is not on. I contact Telsa and is waiting their response. Any body has the same issue?
IMG_4857.jpg

These are very easy to gain access to. Just fold back the fabric liner on the left side of your trunk and you'll be able to see the connector for the tail light. Might just be loose.

Yes, looks like a loose wiring connection. Peel back the trunk carpet and have a look. If not, then I wouldn't bother trying to make a service appointment - you won't get one for a month. Instead, simply go to the service center - they'll identify this as a safety issue and, especially because it looks like an easy fix, they'll try to work you into their schedule that day. I had a similar experience when a seat belt sensor was loose - service manager at the West LA service center couldn't have been better in getting to it pronto.

I got my service appoint here in Utah in less the. 4 days using my app. Where do you live that is taking a month + for service?
This seems to vary a lot from location to location. Here in Colorado, I could have gotten an appointment the next day, but that wasn't convenient for me, so I chose a time three days later, the one time I've brought my car in for service.

Same thing happened to me - the plug had popped out of the back of the light fixture. Did you replace the trunk lights? If you did and you had to pull on the wiring harness, you might have loosened the taillight connection yourself, it isn't hard to do, sometimes I think cold weather can also cause them to pop out. It's trivial to access them from inside the trunk, I kicked myself afterwards.
Both my rear lights were out, both were unplugged, it was odd. Blinkers flash double-fast to indicate "bulb out" condition (industry standard).
Tesla graciously replaced the left light assembly because it had considerable internal condensation, a known problem.