Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Lighted T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for someone with a MODEL 3 so that we can do the install video. The install would be a no charge and the "T" itself
would be at a discounted price. If anyone is interested and will to drive to Middletown Delaware give me a heads up.

Having just had a Digital Plate put on I have seen how much effort it is to get power to the trunk lid. #1 it's a bear to go up the provided wire harness on the one side of the trunk, but my guy managed to do it. WD-40 is your friend.

IMG_6356.JPG

Then #2 getting the inside piece off was something he never managed. Ended up just popping a couple of clips and doing it all with the tiniest of access (probably why #1 was so hard).

IMG_9848.JPG

Oh, #3 remember the skin is thin aluminum, it will dent with the simple pressure of the drill to start a hole.

IMG_8682.JPG

I assume you know about getting power to the T so I will not talk about the other end of the run. For mine, I needed full-time power that went to the battery.

IMG_4185.JPG

Final Result, Digital License Plate. That's obviously not my plate number, when it was uploaded to the plate it also changed orientation.

-Randy

Reactions: Yonki
We did an install of the lighted rear "T" on a 3 month ago but did not do the video. Didn't have any of the problems you encountered.
I will agree that the rubber boot with the wire harness took a little time to come up with a way to run the wires through. But over all
it is a lot quicker then doing the rear "T" on a Model S or X.

Having just had a Digital Plate put on I have seen how much effort it is to get power to the trunk lid. #1 it's a bear to go up the provided wire harness on the one side of the trunk, but my guy managed to do it. WD-40 is your friend.

View attachment 301753

Then #2 getting the inside piece off was something he never managed. Ended up just popping a couple of clips and doing it all with the tiniest of access (probably why #1 was so hard).

View attachment 301755

Oh, #3 remember the skin is thin aluminum, it will dent with the simple pressure of the drill to start a hole.

View attachment 301754

I assume you know about getting power to the T so I will not talk about the other end of the run. For mine, I needed full-time power that went to the battery.

View attachment 301756
Final Result, Digital License Plate. That's obviously not my plate number, when it was uploaded to the plate it also changed orientation.

-Randy
I never understood the appeal of digital license plates...