Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear seatbelts pushed down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

First time posting here! I just took delivery of my Model 3 yesterday! Delivery wasn’t great as the car was located outside in the poring rain. We had to quickly look over the car for any major issues and get back inside. I didn’t notice the seat belt issues until getting home.

The rear seats belts are pushed down into the seat, and it appears the holes where they come up from are not stitched correctly. The middle latch won’t lay in the slot for when you are laying the seats down. I did manage to remove the seat and get them somewhat aligned but still doesn’t look right. Clicking the seatbelt in is pinching the leather around it. I’ve done my best to resolve the issue but thinking I should call the service center and get this addressed.

Attached are pictures before and after my fix. Might not be in the right order of the upload just a heads up. ;)

Anyone else have this similar issue?

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 039DDF0C-1BE9-41B1-8AFE-70C86E2D41EA.jpeg
    039DDF0C-1BE9-41B1-8AFE-70C86E2D41EA.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 1,624
  • B8275E0A-E285-40A1-8117-C162C51F93B2.jpeg
    B8275E0A-E285-40A1-8117-C162C51F93B2.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 593
The disclaimer on that extender is pretty scary: “Adults and children who can use the existing seat belt should not use an extender. Such unnecessary use, including with child restraints, could result in serious personal injury or death in the event of an accident.”

Now I am second guessing my order. A coworker of mine ordered these so I thought I’d give them a try. Probably a good idea to not go against the recommendation of the company so I will be returning mine. I didn’t see this when I ordered.

I know there’s no shortage of info on the internet, but before using these, check out this article.

Her son suffered devastating brain damage in a car crash. This mom blames Ford.

Take this for what it’s worth, and I would check with Tesla, before using anything like this.

I have a baby girl, and the LATCH is a bit of a pain, but I find the LATCH to be well marked, and quite accessible. I’m currently indenting my seats quite a bit to make it snug, but I’d rather have to replace the seat in the future vs that which isn’t replaceable. The little.
74667034-49E0-4BD2-A6B5-8A96022CB7D6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jamaro