Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see where your coming from but as you’ve just alluded to it would work, albeit with one extra step to the process you’ve stated (i.e. lifting the shade into position so the magnet catches - presumably it wouldn’t be attached if no-one is in the car). I’d be happy to do that little extra work if it stops the sun getting in the child’s eyes.

Hopefully I can find a review for them somewhere.
Not a review but I did buy blinds from Nigel Marston back in 2012 for my 5 series. They were really good quality and I don't recall any issues with delivery.

I did look at the Model 3 versions just now, they do suggest that the door can open/close whilst the blinds are fitted so that's good, but you just need to be careful not to open the rear windows/have the rear window lock on otherwise the supporting clips could become detached.

Not a review but I did buy blinds from Nigel Marston back in 2012 for my 5 series. They were really good quality and I don't recall any issues with delivery.

I did look at the Model 3 versions just now, they do suggest that the door can open/close whilst the blinds are fitted so that's good, but you just need to be careful not to open the rear windows/have the rear window lock on otherwise the supporting clips could become detached.
That’s good to know, I’m more a fan of the aircon than the windows open so that might work well. I’ve emailed to ask if they have any detailed pics to show how it fits etc. So I’ll post them if available. Failing that I might have to order them and see what they’re like.

Reactions: Medved_77
1616089886240.jpeg

1616089905118.jpeg

1616089920768.jpeg

1616089933990.jpeg

Nigel from Blinds4Cars just sent me a few pictures of the ones they supply. He did mention the blinds stop you from opening the windows as the cop is attached to the glass.
ive seen online you can get a different clip that should allow attaching to the door frame rather than the glass but I’ll need to have another look in the car to see if that’s possible.

Reactions: Medved_77
Hopefully the ones from AliExpress do the job since they are install and forget about since they are on the door. Open and close no problems and keep the sun out. No extra steps.
With the roller design you should be able to open/close the windows too.
I've had 5 separate deliveries from that seller on AliExpress which took between 6-24 days to arrive to the UK. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

Those look really nice. SO when the windows rolls down to open the door, the screen stays in place with the window sliding behind? And the whole assembly doesn't get pushed up when the windows goes up after the door is closed? Seems like the bottom might come out if it is just a pressure fit in between the door panel and the glass. Those might be a good backup option of the AliExpress ones don't work as intended. $85 shipped to the US so pricier only due to $30 shipping.

As far as the roller ones going down with the window, these look like they have a button you have to depress to get the shades to retract. Again, buried way down in many pictures on the listing.

Finally got the AliExpress ones earlier this week.

Decided to stick the upper mounting piece to the window instead of the headliner so the door can be opened with the shades up. Didn’t want to use the hook just in case it compromises the window to door seal.

028EB675-C568-4133-9383-D395DE0D3229.jpeg

C9927CD4-5F06-4158-B378-028E0F608DC5.jpeg

3D76BACA-ABA8-469F-A815-1F129DADF2CC.jpeg

19D43978-824D-4064-BCD9-A03BF5DAD2EA.jpeg

0D49596E-24F6-4534-A3B6-B8DCD3A59929.jpeg

Attachments

• C896EA7F-090D-44F2-835C-F684EA81F956.jpeg
    C896EA7F-090D-44F2-835C-F684EA81F956.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 248
Finally got the AliExpress ones earlier this week.

Decided to stick the upper mounting piece to the window instead of the headliner so the door can be opened with the shades up. Didn’t want to use the hook just in case it compromises the window to door seal.

View attachment 658049
View attachment 658052
View attachment 658057
View attachment 658058
View attachment 658060
How are these doing 5 months on? I'm interested in getting these, just a little hesitant sticking things down to the interior door trim.

The above post has just reminded me of this thread. I managed to get the kind of perfect fit shades that I was after from QuikSnap. They essentially just push into the frame once the door is closed and cover the full window.
I appreciate this might be a faff for some people as it doesn’t stay on when opening the door but as I wanted full coverage, tidy was and with the car being leased I didn’t want to attach anything that could leave a mark.

Attachments

• B54D357C-AF24-43E4-BC8E-15E93EDDC9B0.jpeg
    B54D357C-AF24-43E4-BC8E-15E93EDDC9B0.jpeg
    856.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 2312EF7F-C16E-48C1-81CE-3F90836342F1.jpeg
    2312EF7F-C16E-48C1-81CE-3F90836342F1.jpeg
    724 KB · Views: 234
The above post has just reminded me of this thread. I managed to get the kind of perfect fit shades that I was after from QuikSnap. They essentially just push into the frame once the door is closed and cover the full window.
I appreciate this might be a faff for some people as it doesn’t stay on when opening the door but as I wanted full coverage, tidy was and with the car being leased I didn’t want to attach anything that could leave a mark.
Ooh, these might be perfect as it's mainly for the window over the child seat and we rarely open that door anyway. No transmission tunnel so DD can just scoot off and walk along the floor to the other side 😆.

Where did you get them from? I can't seem to find any UK sellers.

Ooh, these might be perfect as it's mainly for the window over the child seat and we rarely open that door anyway. No transmission tunnel so DD can just scoot off and walk along the floor to the other side 😆.

Where did you get them from? I can't seem to find any UK sellers.
I’m pretty sure I got them direct from the seller in the us and they were around £85 inc. shipping.

I’d not thought of leaving it in place and using the other door (silly me) but I’ll be doing that in future.

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
How are these doing 5 months on? I'm interested in getting these, just a little hesitant sticking things down to the interior door trim.
Sorry I didn’t respond earlier but they worked fine and installed easily. However, they rattled like crazy, something inside the mechanism, so they was no way to dampen it that I could find. They lasted about two days before they drove me crazy. I think they are still rattling around in my trunk. if someone wants to pay for boxing and shipping you can have them.

• Funny
Reactions: IAmNotARobot