Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear trunk rubber seal missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dada6865d0d2345daa2e6e9c3976ff7.png
638a98f2583b5668b94ee1960bb752f.jpg

Just got my model 3P delivered to my home,havent accept the delivery yet,found the rear trunk left side is missing a part of rubber seal,is this normal or its not right?Havent accept delivery yet so cant open it up to check.

Hello all. I am in my first 2 weeks of ownership and drove home from work in the rain. I noticed water in the trunk on the left side. After later inspection, I discovered the same gap in the rear window gasket. From the above response, I find it difficult to believe that the car was designed to allow water in the trunk. Is it true that every Model 3 has this gap? Is anyone else getting water leaks on the left side well of the trunk? Just curious, thanks.

Attachments

• A7C74460-1F7C-4462-A7B5-BBE629EED0BE.jpeg
    A7C74460-1F7C-4462-A7B5-BBE629EED0BE.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 432
  • 9E650255-E158-4E53-8F35-E15CBB5E5AA5.jpeg
    9E650255-E158-4E53-8F35-E15CBB5E5AA5.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Hello all. I am in my first 2 weeks of ownership and drove home from work in the rain. I noticed water in the trunk on the left side. After later inspection, I discovered the same gap in the rear window gasket. From the above response, I find it difficult to believe that the car was designed to allow water in the trunk. Is it true that every Model 3 has this gap? Is anyone else getting water leaks on the left side well of the trunk? Just curious, thanks.
That's how it is designed. I don't get any leaks/intrusion.

Upvote 0
It would be more accurate to say that the car wasn’t designed with a power trunk in mind. That’s why it’s just cut, to accommodate the thicker powered strut.

The cars pre power lift have a seal that goes all the way around and behaves as you’d expect. Very early cars had no seal at all, it was only added after it was noted that standing water just poured into the trunk when you raised the lid.

Upvote 0
My model 3 has this gap in the gasketing, and my luggage on the left side was sopping wet. ☹️😡

Upvote 0