TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 rear window UV coat missing? It doesn't match my roof w/ orange (when wet) uv film

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Raindog1, Oct 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Raindog1

Raindog1 Member

My model 3 rear window doesn't match the top roof. I've been watching videos that show both the roof and rear window have the UV coating that shows an orange reflection when wet, however mine just looks like a dark tint. Did they do away with the orange uv film on the rear window?

2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

That isn't the UV blocking it was the IR blocking. And it appears that sometime around July they changed specs/suppliers and the IR blocking is no longer a tint that changes color when wet on the rear window. (Probably part of the change(s) they made to reduce/eliminate the distortion in the rear window.)

BTW: There are a few threads already talking about this.

• Like x 1