Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Rear Windscreen Heater Loses DAB Signal

scanne

Oct 20, 2020
Glasgow
I had been suffering from DAB signal dropouts and finally realised this morning it is when I turn the rear windscreen heater on. Turned it on/off lots of time and as soon as it goes on the signal drops completely turn it off and within a few seconds it is back on.

Has anyone else experienced this? The car is going in next week for the heat pump repair so should I just add this to the list?

Tevo Solutions

Local Vendor - The UK & Ireland
Dec 21, 2020
UK
This can happen in any car, especially where the radio antenna is built into the rear glass as it is on some cars.
I have the same problem as you when the DAB signal is very marginal. I'm not sure much can be done but you can ask and see what they say.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC