Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 recommendations for accessories and protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my Model 3 next week and want to be proactive in ordering items that will help me prolong the life of the car in general and have necessities that make living with the car even easier. So far my plans are to do the following when I get the car:

1. Screen protector - Any brands to look at specifically? I see the Spigen one is on Amazon and people seem to like the matte finish.
  2. Floor mats - Any high quality ones that don't break the bank? Weather Tech?
  3. Roof cover - I live in Florida and someone told me to look at a interior roof cover to use all the time so it doesn't cook up my interior
  4. Tint all around - There is a shop near me that has high reviews for tinting so I'll try to get the legal darkest tint
Any other items I should be looking at getting or recommendations that has made anyone enjoy the car much more?

Browse our carefully selected recommendations by analyzing the buying needs of a large number of Tesla owners and our in-depth knowledge of Tesla, combined with our familiarity with Tesla accessories, to save you precious time and let you find the best Tesla accessories for your Tesla with the least amount of time.

I am picking up my Model 3 next week and want to be proactive in ordering items that will help me prolong the life of the car in general and have necessities that make living with the car even easier. So far my plans are to do the following when I get the car:

1. Screen protector - Any brands to look at specifically? I see the Spigen one is on Amazon and people seem to like the matte finish.
  3. Roof cover - I live in Florida and someone told me to look at a interior roof cover to use all the time so it doesn't cook up my interior
  4. Tint all around - There is a shop near me that has high reviews for tinting so I'll try to get the legal darkest tint
Any other items I should be looking at getting or recommendations that has made anyone enjoy the car much more?
The Spigen one is good, but a little bit pricy. And yes, I recommend the matte finish, so it won't reflect light. The weather tech Some people said that it is a little bit short for the driver and passenger seats, especially in the footwell area. You can refer to this blog for floor mat selection. Roof covers are typically used during the hot summer months, but because the temperature has recently dropped, you do not need to purchase one right now.

I have found a number of accessories that are helpful FOR ME.

Read through some of the threads here. Search youtube for suggestions.

Most importantly, drive the car for a while and find out what is needed FOR YOU.

For instance, I considered a roof shate [I live in St Louis] but found I didn't need it.

2 accessories which I'd consider to be useful for all are floor mats and trays for the console.

YMMV

As stated, folks have items they like/need and that will orient their answers.

For me the things I enjoy most are the stylus (I really don't like finger smudges) and my cup holder insert that has a tiny spot between the cups that holds my stylus. Also the puddle lights that show a tesla + logo are fun (and cheap).

I couldn't live without the roof shade as I park outside here in Los Angeles.

If I were to do it again I would get rubber mats, the 'upgrade' ones everyone seems to like feel kinda cheap (to me) and I don't like the texture.

Considering you live in Florida, investing in an interior roof cover is a smart move to prevent your car's interior from getting too hot. It can help protect your seats and dashboard from sun damage. Just make sure to find one specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3 for a perfect fit.

Tinting your windows is a popular choice, especially in sunny areas. Look for a reputable shop with positive reviews to ensure professional installation. Getting the legal darkest tint will provide both privacy and protection from harmful UV rays.

Considering you live in Florida, investing in an interior roof cover is a smart move to prevent your car's interior from getting too hot. It can help protect your seats and dashboard from sun damage. Just make sure to find one specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3 for a perfect fit.

Tinting your windows is a popular choice, especially in sunny areas. Look for a reputable shop with positive reviews to ensure professional installation. Getting the legal darkest tint will provide both privacy and protection from harmful UV rays.
As for other accessories, you might want to explore the world of Tesla accessories. Even though you have a Model 3, many accessories are compatible with both models and can enhance your overall driving experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you want to achieve the best softness and perfect fit while providing year-round protection for Tesla flooring, we strongly recommend choosing Tesery's all-weather 3D Tesla floor mats. They don't contain nylon buckles, so they won't wear out your carpet. Worried about slipping? You can rest assured that the bottom of these foot mats is covered with anti slip particles, which can fix the floor mats in place.

Model_3_All-Weather_Floor_Mats_1_1400x.jpg

Many Tesla owners placed the floor mats they bought from Tesery on their Model 3, which doesn't contradict at all. You should know that many floor mats on the market have an unpleasant rubber smell that lasts for more than a week. This is very rare!

They placed the floor mats bought from Tesery on their Model 3 without any surprise. They work surprisingly well with the interior of Model Y. Besides serving as protective mats, I think they are also a form of decoration that makes their Model 3 look more advanced.

Recommend this glass roof sunshade, which is upgraded with a cooling fabric with silver pressed reflection, to further reduce the heat entering the cabin during scorching weather, as well as the windshield sunshade,
They are really helpful in hot weather, they get less exposure to the sunlight.

In hindsight I'd still go with my Spigen screen protector, floor mats especially trunk, tint everywhere and I kind of got into applying PPF anywhere my limited skills would allow such as glovebox, door sill, headlight, rocker panel, lower part of interior doors and console. First few weeks I just tried to observe where the kid left scuff marks lol. I had a pro PPF the front of the car which I don't regret.