Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 red vs white, if red is free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because white is free. My guess that, you will see a lot of them on the road. Being red is a little bit more unique.
Since both color looks good, I will pick red.

For the people who are interested red. I found out couple thing.
1. Red car doesn't cost more for insurance.
2. Red is bit easy to hide dirt compare to white.
3. Both red and white are multi-coat. Base on my research, red will need more layer compare to pearl white. May be 1 more layer.
So, the paint is high resistance to rock chip on the road. (very minor)
4. Getting more speeding ticket on the road with red car. It's possible. because it's easier for police eye to follow. More importanly, depending on who else is speeding. If there's a white car going 80mph. You're with red going for 75mph. Police will go after 80 instead. It's a common scene not being the fastest will help more than picking a color.

I had the same dilemma when ordering because of the free upgrades. Red is my favorite color and I'e always dreamed of having a red car but I had never even CONSIDERED it on a Tesla because of how much it costs over base paint.

I was 100% set on white / white and then had to decide if I wanted to last second switch to red...luckily they had a red/white in the showroom and I actually....didn't love it. I think red is such a dashing color on traditional looking cars because it makes them stand out and look sharp/intense. The M3 shape is already so flashy and extraterrestrial almost that it needs no color to stand out. Combining a striking color with such an interesting shape was...almost too much for me. I decided to stay with white/white, but I'll always wonder what if I had gone with red :p

I ordered a White/White Model 3 a couple of weeks ago but have yet to take delivery. What's been your experience with the white interior? Any complaints?

Reactions: Petrocelli
Also ordered a few weeks ago so don't know yet! Every M3 I've test driven had the standard black interior so I'm prepared to be blown away by the white :)

Oh awesome! Looks like we'll be on more or less the same schedule. Saw a few people with White/Black in northern California that just received their texts today so hopefully we'll get ours soon. I know White/White isn't as common of a choice but hopefully soon.

Because white is free. My guess that, you will see a lot of them on the road. Being red is a little bit more unique.
Since both color looks good, I will pick red.

For the people who are interested red. I found out couple thing.
1. Red car doesn't cost more for insurance.
2. Red is bit easy to hide dirt compare to white.
3. Both red and white are multi-coat. Base on my research, red will need more layer compare to pearl white. May be 1 more layer.
So, the paint is high resistance to rock chip on the road. (very minor)
4. Getting more speeding ticket on the road with red car. It's possible. because it's easier for police eye to follow. More importanly, depending on who else is speeding. If there's a white car going 80mph. You're with red going for 75mph. Police will go after 80 instead. It's a common scene not being the fastest will help more than picking a color.

I found that red definitely attracts more attention but people seem to notice you right away as your barreling down the highway on the left lane. They seem to move over more vs other colors I’ve had