Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Referral Credits Expiry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a question regarding expiry date of the supercharging credits. I took delivery in June 2019, but due to internal Tesla issues, I never received my credits until September 2019. I emailed the referral program @ Tesla to inquire about credits expiring, and was informed it would expire end of this month.

I was always under the impression that the credits are good for 12 months.

Here's the exact response when I explained my situation:
Thank you for following up with me. At the time that you made your order the referral kilometers were set to expire in 6 months not 12. I can confirm that your expiration date is set correctly and we will not be able to extend it.

If this is the standard policy that applies to everyone, then I can only blame myself for not checking earlier and wasting my remaining 6300km of credits. But I was wondering to all those who got the referral credits, how long does yours last until expiry?
NOTE: I'm interested in those who were the "referee" of the program, i.e. you purchased a Tesla using someone else's code and got the credits.

Here's the clause from Tesla Canada's own website regarding referral credits (Referral Program):
Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the credit award date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products. Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months.

Referral kms/miles expire 6 months after earning them. Any new referrals you get extend the expiry date and your referral miles another 6 months.
Referral kms/miles expire 6 months after earning them. Any new referrals you get extend the expiry date and your referral miles another 6 months.
That is what Tesla says but it seems ro be different for everyone

Reactions: Vawlkus and JDWL
I believe it is supposed to be 6 months from the date of the most recent referral, not an additional 6 months. So, for example, a referral in January and February would expire all credits in August, not December.

They keep changing the terms on this without notice. It used to stack 6 months indefinitely. Then they capped at 36 months. Now it looks like 6 months from last...

74C49D6A-E785-47FF-8369-C4B5419E9D6B.jpeg
E2CA935D-F213-4664-8FE7-73DF242E13D5.jpeg

Last edited: