Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL 3 REFERRAL RIMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ctapiam3

@PLAIDTESLA FIND ME ON IG
Jan 21, 2019
Miami, FL
hey guys, i won the referral rims and do not want them due to the range loss i keep hearing. would be willing to sell or trade. if interested please message me. i do not know when they will be officially available for the referral winners but should be a matter of time.

hey guys, i won the referral rims and do not want them due to the range loss i keep hearing. would be willing to sell or trade. if interested please message me. i do not know when they will be officially available for the referral winners but should be a matter of time.
Ill trade you 22" Model X wheels with new tires and ceramic coated

Did anyone just get an email from Tesla about this?

Congratulations on earning Model S Arachnid or Model X Turbine wheels through our previous Tesla Referral Program.
To claim your prize wheels, please take the following steps by June 15, 2020:
  1. Using the Tesla app, select ‘Schedule Service’ from the main menu and select ‘Tires and Wheels’
  2. Add a note stating that you will be redeeming your prize wheels
  3. Schedule your appointment at least seven days in advance so we can send your wheels to the Service Center you’ve selected
As part of the award process, we are required to inform you that your prize is considered taxable income. To help us prepare your 1099 form, please complete and submit the W-9 form via the secure AdobeSign link. We will not be able to provide your wheels if you have not completed this step.

@Vapourick The range loss from larger rims comes from the fact that the lower profile tires that get mounted on these tend to be softer compounds. That provides more traction, but at the cost of higher rolling resistance (lower efficiency). If you mounted the same model tire (same compound, same width, same outside diameter) on two different sized rims, you would be hard pressed to measure a difference in efficiency.