Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 refresh wood trim wrap/cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I'm not a fan of the wood trim in the model 3, but all the covers I've found online are for the pre refresh model, without the trim along the door.

Has anyone found a suitable cover for the newer model?

Anyone found anything? I dropped my car off to get a few things done, one of them was to get the dash wrapped in satin black but just got a text saying they're going to need to refund me because the wood grain is different then older Model 3s. I was surprised to hear this cause the dash looks exactly the same.

Anyone found anything? I dropped my car off to get a few things done, one of them was to get the dash wrapped in satin black but just got a text saying they're going to need to refund me because the wood grain is different then older Model 3s. I was surprised to hear this cause the dash looks exactly the same.

I wrapped my wood dash with a forged-carbon looking vinyl, preshrunk it with heat during application, but it still badly bubbled under the sun in a few weeks. I'm not sure if it was because of that type of vinyl or because of the wood pores. Has anyone had success wrapping the wood with other vinyls?

I wrapped my wood dash with a forged-carbon looking vinyl, preshrunk it with heat during application, but it still badly bubbled under the sun in a few weeks. I'm not sure if it was because of that type of vinyl or because of the wood pores. Has anyone had success wrapping the wood with other vinyls?
It’s the wood poured, it’s not smooth to adhere to the wrap.
Get a cover from aliexpress or Amazon. Literally takes 2 minutes to install.

3M 2080 Carbon Fiber film is pretty impressive.
There's also companies that will actually wrap your trip in carbon fiber if you ship it out.
Alternatively, you could grab something cheap from Amazon. I'm pretty sure I've seen some on there.