Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, does anyone know if the performance is going to have 9" square setup or staggered? There are 9 and 10" staggered wheels in the parts catalog as well...
Here is the EPC entry for the 20x9 Uberturbines from last Thursday night. Interesting, this has since been removed from the EPC along with the new 19” wheel.
C0CB21CC-96F5-4676-9EFF-C44E32E7927C.jpeg

Thread: New Uberturbine wheels coming to Model 3

Last edited:
I somehow agree with your conclusions, mostly about keeping the conversation here on topic, but I think your comparison may sound a bit inappropriate due to a completely different base cost, as well as the features expectations for cereal and cars respectively :) To be honest, one could call it a proverbial "apples vs. oranges" draw.
The decision of buying or not cereal simply doesn't imply any real financial consequences, so from a psychological standpoint is totally insignificant, which we can't say about a car purchase, at least for 99% of the population :)
We also can't blame anybody here for "poor decision making" if Tesla is not giving any heads-up information about upcoming changes to its lineup. In order to make any well-educated decision one would need to be able to assess all the factors, which clearly wasn't the case here. Let's be fair about this.
However, as I mentioned before we need to keep in mind that this is one of the most innovative companies ever in existence, so we have to be prepared that continuous improvements and constant change are a norm for Tesla and we should take it into consideration when making any purchase decisions. After all, that's why we all love Tesla, right?
Keyword: Decision. User has decided to buy the car at the decided specs at the decided time. It’s not an apples to oranges discussion. Tesla doesn’t OWE YOU anything about disclaiming a newer model with newer specs. Same concept as a grocery store doesn’t owe you any briefing on their sales. If you truely cared about money and your financials...you wouldn’t buy a Tesla. You would buy a used car that has already depreciated. Stop with the entitlement talk.

This is a FACTS only thread. Not a regret thread

Just an FYI for anyone curious. It seems the discount on a 2020 model is about $1100. I’m in a position where I won’t have a vehicle (old car was just totaled) and so I needed something ASAP. I called my local location and they had one available that wasn’t listed on the ‘existing inventory’ page. I’ll be picking it up in a day or two.
Could you possibly pickup a beater while your order is in? If $1100 is worth it to you...grab one now. Or buy a used one that has already depreciated and trade up. Might make up the difference.

Someone posted this list of changes from inside Tesla a while back on this or other thread, but they had the wording differently. Does someone remember where the post is? Or maybe the person can link to it?
Eklb0VjUUAAuEIR
Out of all this the EMEA headlights look interesting. I wonder how much brighter the headlights are. I love the headlights now but if they’re even brighter it could warrant a swap from a wrecked 2021.

Just an FYI for anyone curious. It seems the discount on a 2020 model is about $1100. I’m in a position where I won’t have a vehicle (old car was just totaled) and so I needed something ASAP. I called my local location and they had one available that wasn’t listed on the ‘existing inventory’ page. I’ll be picking it up in a day or two.
Don't know the details of your situation but I'd be tempted to rent or borrow a car to wait for the 2021 to get the range, heatpump, acceleration, and power trunk.

Also a couple of thoughts on the console. All speculation of course.

There is nothing in the yellow area anymore so now there’s a loss of storage. The current position of the usbs have now moved forward toward the armrest to where the edge of the lid is. The wireless charger pad is non removable so no access below. For me I use the yellow area a lot. Something to consider if you’re ordering before seeing the final product.

Also with this change that no one is speaking about is that Hanshow and Kenriko/Tesla Bro’s products are now butchered by this update. I’d wait on their prices to drop since demand will ultimately be lower if you’re in the market for aftermarket upgrades to your pre 2021 model 3

0B64A23A-13EB-49B8-833B-4148826FCA4B.jpeg

There is nothing in the yellow area anymore so now there’s a loss of storage. The current position of the usbs have now moved forward toward the armrest to where the edge of the lid is. The wireless charger pad is non removable so no access below. For me I use the yellow area a lot. Something to consider if you’re ordering before seeing the final product.

Also with this change that no one is speaking about is that Hanshow and Kenriko/Tesla Bro’s products are now butchered by this update. I’d wait on their prices to drop since demand will ultimately be lower if you’re in the market for aftermarket upgrades to your pre 2021 model 3

View attachment 599733
Model S console was (is?) designed like this and it’s still possible to access the area highlighted in yellow just not from “above”; I would fully expect this space to be accessible to the owner for storage. Just my opinion, of course, pending first-hand experience....

Reactions: srk67

View attachment 599733
If it's anything like the Model S/X console, the entire area in yellow is still accessible, so you could stick a tissue box for example in that area

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White

View attachment 599733

oh if not accessible, then that is a huge loss of space actually. I keep a box container of tissues (and more) down there, and pardon the pun, but that's nothing to sneeze at esp with the glove box being so thin (vertically and depth-wise)...

That lid is said to be sliding so would assume (based on the positioning of the raised lip handle on the lid) it slides forward and under the wireless charging pad making space open underneath.

so you still lose a "triangle" of space between the angled wireless pad and the lid...I rate that at 1/2 a sneeze, since 2 triangles would be a rectangle and a full sneeze...

so you still lose a "triangle" of space between the angled wireless pad and the lid...I rate that at 1/2 a sneeze, since 2 triangles would be a rectangle and a full sneeze...
Either way...it’s still a loss since I can fit large cylinders like a yeti tumber/rambler in that yellow space and have the top open like a hatch and it protrude outside.

Europe, Middle East, Africa spec. Not for NA (North America) to my understanding....but please correct me if mistaken.
You are absolutely correct. This and other global region acronyms have been in use in many industries (not just automotive manufacturing) for at least a few decades.

EMEA - as above Europe Middle East Africa
APAC - Asia Pacific (including Oceania) or Asia Pacific and China
AMER - designates North, Central and South Americas.
LATAM - Latin America