TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Refresh?!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by captain_sahaj, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

#541 Zoomit, Oct 18, 2020 at 9:09 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 9:23 AM
    Here is the EPC entry for the 20x9 Uberturbines from last Thursday night. Interesting, this has since been removed from the EPC along with the new 19” wheel.
    C0CB21CC-96F5-4676-9EFF-C44E32E7927C.jpeg
    Thread: New Uberturbine wheels coming to Model 3

• Informative x 3
  2. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Keyword: Decision. User has decided to buy the car at the decided specs at the decided time. It’s not an apples to oranges discussion. Tesla doesn’t OWE YOU anything about disclaiming a newer model with newer specs. Same concept as a grocery store doesn’t owe you any briefing on their sales. If you truely cared about money and your financials...you wouldn’t buy a Tesla. You would buy a used car that has already depreciated. Stop with the entitlement talk.

This is a FACTS only thread. Not a regret thread

• Like x 4
  3. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Could you possibly pickup a beater while your order is in? If $1100 is worth it to you...grab one now. Or buy a used one that has already depreciated and trade up. Might make up the difference.

4. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Out of all this the EMEA headlights look interesting. I wonder how much brighter the headlights are. I love the headlights now but if they’re even brighter it could warrant a swap from a wrecked 2021.

5. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

Don't know the details of your situation but I'd be tempted to rent or borrow a car to wait for the 2021 to get the range, heatpump, acceleration, and power trunk.

• Like x 5
  6. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

Wonder if these headlights will be a plug and play swap or require other auxiliary components and/or software differences.

• Like x 1
  7. Eddie1218

Eddie1218 Member

What are EMEA Headlights

8. MJP.P3D-

MJP.P3D- Supporting Member

Europe, Middle East, Africa spec. Not for NA (North America) to my understanding....but please correct me if mistaken.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Also a couple of thoughts on the console. All speculation of course.

There is nothing in the yellow area anymore so now there’s a loss of storage. The current position of the usbs have now moved forward toward the armrest to where the edge of the lid is. The wireless charger pad is non removable so no access below. For me I use the yellow area a lot. Something to consider if you’re ordering before seeing the final product.

Also with this change that no one is speaking about is that Hanshow and Kenriko/Tesla Bro’s products are now butchered by this update. I’d wait on their prices to drop since demand will ultimately be lower if you’re in the market for aftermarket upgrades to your pre 2021 model 3

0B64A23A-13EB-49B8-833B-4148826FCA4B.jpeg

• Disagree x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  10. MJP.P3D-

MJP.P3D- Supporting Member

Model S console was (is?) designed like this and it’s still possible to access the area highlighted in yellow just not from “above”; I would fully expect this space to be accessible to the owner for storage. Just my opinion, of course, pending first-hand experience....

• Like x 1
  11. srk67

srk67 Member

If it's anything like the Model S/X console, the entire area in yellow is still accessible, so you could stick a tissue box for example in that area

• Informative x 1
  12. valaeyron

valaeyron Member

oh if not accessible, then that is a huge loss of space actually. I keep a box container of tissues (and more) down there, and pardon the pun, but that's nothing to sneeze at esp with the glove box being so thin (vertically and depth-wise)...

13. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

That lid is said to be sliding so would assume (based on the positioning of the raised lip handle on the lid) it slides forward and under the wireless charging pad making space open underneath.

• Like x 1
  14. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

I don’t own an S or X but if there’s not loss of space....even better!

15. valaeyron

valaeyron Member

so you still lose a "triangle" of space between the angled wireless pad and the lid...I rate that at 1/2 a sneeze, since 2 triangles would be a rectangle and a full sneeze...

16. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Here’s the first look at the power trunk. One powered strut on left side. Button on right side
    upload_2020-10-18_11-55-10.jpeg

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

Gesundheit

• Funny x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  18. TwoK4drSi

TwoK4drSi Member

Either way...it’s still a loss since I can fit large cylinders like a yeti tumber/rambler in that yellow space and have the top open like a hatch and it protrude outside.

19. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

I believe S and X also have just one powered strut while the aftermarket kits have two.

20. Perscitus

Perscitus Member

You are absolutely correct. This and other global region acronyms have been in use in many industries (not just automotive manufacturing) for at least a few decades.

EMEA - as above Europe Middle East Africa
    APAC - Asia Pacific (including Oceania) or Asia Pacific and China
    AMER - designates North, Central and South Americas.
    LATAM - Latin America