Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrek's got it. I hope I can retrofit it into my car.

First look at Tesla's new center console in 2021 Model 3 refresh - Electrek

Tesla-Mdoel-3-new-2021-center-console.jpg

Confirmation on the new center console, it has a lot of the vegan leather around it. I’m not sure how the whole phone charging area is gonna be, but I just placed my order yesterday and honestly I think I’m fine with getting a refresh one even if I have to wait till December

Attachments

• A2E3DA6A-366D-4D54-8E3E-8C630E3BB4DA.jpeg
    A2E3DA6A-366D-4D54-8E3E-8C630E3BB4DA.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 101
Article says they are rolling them at the Fremont factory but the website is not updated. I wonder how that will be handle? Suppose you wanted the chrome and get a chrome delete? Suppose you like the old console and get the new one? Certainly these things should be address on the custom order website if they are currently producing them.

Article says they are rolling them at the Fremont factory but the website is not updated. I wonder how that will be handle? Suppose you wanted the chrome and get a chrome delete? Suppose you like the old console and get the new one? Certainly these things should be address on the custom order website if they are currently producing them.

It will most likely be like all the changes they have done ever, what you order may not be what you get and you will see exactly what you get when it arrives. If you don’t like it you can reject the car at delivery.

If the heat pump rumor ends up being true how much range can we reasonably expect to gain?
It really depends where you live and how long you drive. The heat pump has advantage in really short drives at slow speeds in ideal conditions between 0C-10C. Then you can expect about 15% maybe 20% better consumption.
But you can actually turn on the seat heating and prewarm the car for 5 minutes and then you will basically drive as you drive in summer time.

The only advantage you will see, I think , will be on the 50kW chargers, because now the car is using the stators to heat the battery, but I think (hope) they will do that over the heat pump. That will boost the charging from about 40+kW to close to 50kW depending on SOC.

So basically if you charge mostly AC at home and do not drive short drives at very slow speeds, you will barely see any benefits. If anything it might even make the car a little louder.

I believe double paned windows are known for attenuating sound. They’re used in most higher end quieter vehicles. There are things they can do to help reduce sound despite the two panes being thinner (lamination, etc. ).

Correct. They work, and work very very well. Our prior Buick had double paned glass - that thing was like driving in a library. Whisper quiet.

Reactions: E Dizzle