TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Replacement Wiper Blades

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by carl_o, May 30, 2019.

1. carl_o

carl_o Member

Bosch Replacement Wiper Blades for the Model 3 available at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Front Left: 26 inch blade
    Front Right: 19 inch blade

Bosch Spectrum DirectFit Beam Wiper Blades

Description:
    Bosch Spectrum DirectFit™ Beam matches the same blade technology and connection fitment to deliver factory performance. The patented beam design with aerodynamic spoiler provides long-lasting wiping performance in all weather.

Key Features:
    A blended natural rubber with graphite treated wiping edge to reduce friction for a clean and quiet wipe
    An aerodynamic spoiler creates a downward force, ensuring consistent wiping performance at high speeds
    Easy, DirectFit™ Installation

Installation Video:
    Spectrum DirectFit Beam Install Videos

Part Numbers:
    B1903 - $19.99 at O'Reilly Auto Parts
    B2603 - $22.99 at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Bosch PureVision Wiper Blades

Description:
    Bosch PureVision™ wiper blade program, a beam technology that delivers high wiping quality for all-weather performance.

Key Features:
    Patented beam technology applies more uniform wiper arm pressure along the entire length of the blade for virtually streak-free wiping performance
    Graphite treated wiping edge reduces wiping friction for a smooth and quiet wipe
    Quick and easy installation with the Click-On™ adapter system

Installation Video:
    PureVision Install Videos

Part Numbers:
    19PUV - $17.99 at O'Reilly Auto Parts
    26PUV - $19.99 at O'Reilly Auto Parts

When searching on the Bosch web site, select 2017 Tesla Model 3. Other years will yield no results.
    Vehicle Part Finder | Bosch Auto Parts

Source: Bosch and O'Reilly web sites (2019-MAY-30)
    Prices for reference only, may vary in other locations.

• Informative x 6
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. iaflyer

iaflyer Member

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. halfricanguy

halfricanguy Model 3 - LR RWD - MSM

I would love to know first hand if any of these work. My past searches on replacement blades seemed to turn up empty, but I got mine at the service center. Both blades cost $23 each (they try to charge you $20 in labor costs to put them on...lol no...)

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. carl_o

carl_o Member

Just bought and installed a set of Bosch 19PUV and 26PUV wiper blades. They were $18 and $20 respectively at O'Reilly Auto Parts and they will install them for free. The blades look comparable in quality to the factory original blades.

The B1903 and B2603 did not fit into the receiver of the wind shield wipers in my Tesla Model 3.

• Informative x 4
  5. carl_o

carl_o Member

PLEASE NOTE!!!

The Bosch Spectrum DirectFit Beam Wiper Blades (Part numbers B1903 and B2603) did NOT fit into the wiper blade receiver on my Tesla Model 3. It appears the Bosch product selector may be in error, unless Tesla changed the blades they were using on the Model 3. I apologize for the misinformation.

However, the Bosch PureVision Wiper Blades (Part numbers 19PUV and 26PUV) did fit. They were $18 and $20 respectively at O'Reilly Auto Parts and they installed them for free. The blades look comparable in quality to the factory original blades.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 2
  6. groovidad

groovidad Living the Dream!

Thanks much for this valuable info! I'm not really diggin' the wipers that came on the car. I mean, they're "ok" but leave trails of water on the windshield, as they sweep and then settle back in under the hood. It takes several additional pushes on the stalk button to finally clear all the water. When driving in rain, no issues but, washing, meh. Best wipers I've experienced: Lexus is250. Man, you could hit it to wash and clear the windshield and when it was done, perfect!

• Like x 1
  7. carl_o

carl_o Member

8. Santa Claws

Santa Claws Member

9. iaflyer

iaflyer Member

I got the pair - they fit on my Model 3 just fine. I had to remove the installed adapter and put on the adapter that came with it - then remove "shim C" as shown in the video that was listed on a piece of paper that was in the package:

My adapters were a little different but the basic concepts were the same. The wiper blades look the same as the Tesla ones, once installed. The rubber feels the same. Long term who knows, since it's currently $14 for the pair, I'm willing to try it out.

• Informative x 5
  10. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

11. iaflyer

iaflyer Member

:) I didn't have to break anything off - just removed an adapter for other kinds of wiper blades and put on an included one. Imagine that!

12. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Fantastic. And how are they working? I've not been happy with the OEM blades for quite some time but didn't want to switch them out since no other options existed that didn't involve a DIY modification of the adapters.

• Like x 1
  13. sf_t3sla

sf_t3sla Member

Any silicone blades that work? Far better, never wear out or dry out...

14. iaflyer

iaflyer Member

I've only had them on a day or two, but they stick to the windshield and wipe fine.

15. wtwieder

wtwieder Member

Are they available anywhere else, besides the service center? If so, will they include the correct adapter?

16. iaflyer

iaflyer Member

The ones I've been talking about are not Tesla original - they are made by some other company and I got them from Amazon.

17. wtwieder

wtwieder Member

I would appreciate a link on Amazon to the blades you purchased. Are both sides 26 inches? Thanks.

18. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

@iaflyer linked to them in the second post in this thread... o_O

• Funny x 1
  19. wtwieder

wtwieder Member

He said he paid $14 for the pair in his last post and didn't mention the brand. I don't see those in his earlier post.

20. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts