Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Resale Value Guarantee? Buying vs. Lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

So I was browsing through the Model S Design Studio looking at various options prices and noticed this link for the Model S Resale Value Guarantee:

https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/rvg/RVG_Agreement_R20160318_en_US.pdf

I don't recall there being much discussion of this with the Model 3. Does anyone think this program will exist for the Model 3? I've recently seen the idea of leasing the Model 3 being thrown around due to the rapid increase in Tesla's technology. If this program were to exist for the Model 3, what would the advantages be numbers-wise of leasing vs. buying if you're guaranteed to have a certain resale value? I haven't run the numbers myself and I've never leased a car before so I'm sure somebody who has could run the numbers much quicker than me. And I've never sold back a car before, so I wouldn't even know if 50% is even a good number for a vehicle coming off lease. Plus, I've assumed the cost benefits of leasing vs. buying with this program existing for the Model S has already been spelled out by somebody. I haven't read the fine print of the RVG, but just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.