Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reservation 4 sale including dual motor option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I have 2 model 3 reservations and they are usable currently. It says that delivery will take 12 to 18 weeks and the car can even be configured with performance options, white interior, or even the standard or dual motor configurations. I am pretty high up in the line bc I was at the Cleveland Ohio location before the store opened on the first day they took reservations before the unveil.

How it works, you pay the 1k for the deposit I made on 3/31/2016 and the 2,500 deposit on your credit card to start the manufactoring. You get approval for the cost of the vehicle or have the funds ready to send to tesla. I then get a small amount of extra money after everything else is in order. The registration is in your name and my name never appears as the owner. You are also eligible for the full 7,500 tax rebate... For now. I made 2 reservations but am having reservations (sorry couldn't help myself) about getting the second car.

Thanks!

How much is " a small amount of extra money after everything else is in order"?

So if I understand everything correctly, the tax credit of $7,500 goes to the first person registered to the vehicle. I was hoping to get $5,000 which is 2/3 of the discount. I am asking for this because the vehicle should be delivered in 12-18 weeks according to the reservation and I am one of the first to have the the dual motor option available to order. If ordered today or recently, it is unlikely that the tax credit would be available or would be severely reduced to 1/2 (very optimistic) or 1/4.

I am in the Cleveland, Oh area and greatly prefer to deal with someone in the NE Ohio area who can meet me in person.

Thanks!

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Amit519 and Boourns
Yeah I probably should've tried to get rid of it in January when I first got my notification to configure... I figured I'd wait for the dual motor but didn't think to sell my second reservation until recently. Oh well if it is too much, I will gift it to a family member or something..