Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Failed through PayPal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to reserve a Model 3 through Tesla using my PayPal account. The charge went through for a $1000, but then I was sent to a page that said "something went wrong." I didn't receive confirmation from Tesla. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tried to reserve a Model 3 through Tesla using my PayPal account. The charge went through for a $1000, but then I was sent to a page that said "something went wrong." I didn't receive confirmation from Tesla. Has this happened to anyone else?
Pull up your credit card transactions and see if the Tesla charge is there. I always do that after I use pay pal.

Pull up your credit card transactions and see if the Tesla charge is there. I always do that after I use pay pal.

It's on my PayPal and the credit card linked to my PayPal account. So, I think it went through - but maybe I just have to wait for the confirmation email to come through. Although there's no indication of the reservation on my Tesla account either.

This.

Maybe we can pay with x.com down the road.

Ha - I know. Thought the same.

I placed a reservation just before the delivery event. Never received a confirmation. Tesla is researching, I have given them the date, credit card transaction number, etc. In a few days the payment is due and I will be forced to dispute the charge if Tesla cannot find my reservation.

Sorry to revive an old thread Walking Dead style, but this happened to me today as well. Used PayPal, charge went through (and is showing on my card), but got an error message upon being returned to the Tesla site. Rez doesn't appear in my account and I haven't received an email confirmation. I doubt the OP posts here anymore since he's only got 2 posts, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it's "normal."

Either way, I'm pretty pumped to be on the list! Seeing the M3 in person in Chicago yesterday pushed me over the fence I'd been on for a few months. Either way, it'll keep me from spending money on a car for a couple years as I wait (very) patiently :)

They may have been having trouble with payments today. I had to try 3 times to charge my 2nd deposit to my credit card

When you finally got it to go through, did you get an email confirmation and/or did the reservation show up in your Tesla account? Just wondering if it's normal for those things to take a day or two or if there really was an error with my transaction and I should go ahead and contact Tesla with my Paypal confirmation. Thanks!

Just a heads-up in case this happens to people in the future and they find this thread. It was indeed an error, and Tesla had no record of my reservation. I submitted an email online through my account, and somebody called me the next day. She asked me to email them a screenshot of the transaction and they'd research the issue. The charge went from pending to posted on my credit card, so Tesla definitely has the money -- just hasn't used it to give me a darn M3 reservation! I'll be really mad on October 17, 2019 when I should have taken delivery...I'll now have to wait until at least 10/21 lol :)