TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Reservation Failed through PayPal

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jw310, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jw310

jw310 New Member

Tried to reserve a Model 3 through Tesla using my PayPal account. The charge went through for a $1000, but then I was sent to a page that said "something went wrong." I didn't receive confirmation from Tesla. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. siggyfreud

siggyfreud Member

No, but after I reserved it took about 24 hours to get a confirmation email. Might wait a day and try again?

3. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

I don't recall being given the option to reserve through paypal. Payment by credit card failed for me, so I had to do a bank transfer.

Oh, and welcome to the M3-waiting-list family ;)

4. Beckler

Beckler Member

Forum needs ability to mark thread "ironic".

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
  5. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

Pull up your credit card transactions and see if the Tesla charge is there. I always do that after I use pay pal.

6. Chargedmr2

Chargedmr2 Member

This.

Maybe we can pay with x.com down the road.

• Funny x 1
  7. jw310

jw310 New Member

It's on my PayPal and the credit card linked to my PayPal account. So, I think it went through - but maybe I just have to wait for the confirmation email to come through. Although there's no indication of the reservation on my Tesla account either.

Ha - I know. Thought the same.

8. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

9. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

I agree -- wait 48 hours.

If you have to order again, I suggest skipping payPal. I'm actually not sure why you used it in the first place.

10. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

What has it been, some 5 years since Elon had anything to do with PayPal ?

11. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

15 years. Peter Thiel engineered a coup, and ejected Musk from the CEO in 2000. Musk stayed on the board until 2002.

• Informative x 2
  12. Chargedmr2

Chargedmr2 Member

13. Kevin_Freeman

Kevin_Freeman Supporting Member

I placed a reservation just before the delivery event. Never received a confirmation. Tesla is researching, I have given them the date, credit card transaction number, etc. In a few days the payment is due and I will be forced to dispute the charge if Tesla cannot find my reservation.

14. Kevin_Freeman

Kevin_Freeman Supporting Member

They found my reservation today, I received the confirmation email.

15. IndyGopher

IndyGopher New Member

Sorry to revive an old thread Walking Dead style, but this happened to me today as well. Used PayPal, charge went through (and is showing on my card), but got an error message upon being returned to the Tesla site. Rez doesn't appear in my account and I haven't received an email confirmation. I doubt the OP posts here anymore since he's only got 2 posts, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it's "normal."

Either way, I'm pretty pumped to be on the list! Seeing the M3 in person in Chicago yesterday pushed me over the fence I'd been on for a few months. Either way, it'll keep me from spending money on a car for a couple years as I wait (very) patiently :)

16. RayK

RayK Member

If you click on the member's forum name under the (blank) avatar, you'll get a pop-up that says when he/she was last logged in. It's been 1/2 year.

17. MMHouston

MMHouston Member

They may have been having trouble with payments today. I had to try 3 times to charge my 2nd deposit to my credit card

18. IndyGopher

IndyGopher New Member

When you finally got it to go through, did you get an email confirmation and/or did the reservation show up in your Tesla account? Just wondering if it's normal for those things to take a day or two or if there really was an error with my transaction and I should go ahead and contact Tesla with my Paypal confirmation. Thanks!

19. IndyGopher

IndyGopher New Member

Just a heads-up in case this happens to people in the future and they find this thread. It was indeed an error, and Tesla had no record of my reservation. I submitted an email online through my account, and somebody called me the next day. She asked me to email them a screenshot of the transaction and they'd research the issue. The charge went from pending to posted on my credit card, so Tesla definitely has the money -- just hasn't used it to give me a darn M3 reservation! I'll be really mad on October 17, 2019 when I should have taken delivery...I'll now have to wait until at least 10/21 lol :)