Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed mine at the pop-up int he shopping centre in Solihull at about 6:30pm and they said they had not taken many reservations, but assumed that the main B'ham store had taken much more.

Have you received a confirmation e-mail or RN on My Tesla? It's been 3 hours and I've got neither so far.

I was going to go to Solihull but wanted to have a look at the Birmingham store. I got confirmation email within minutes but the reservation number you see from logging into your myTesla account.

Waiting till the end of the month for company bonus to be paid.

looking to replace my current motability vehicle, but looking more and more likely (according to TMC) that western europe RHD vehicles won't be delivered until late 2019.

this could negate us of any tax benefits as from what i've heard they were only for the first 50,000 vehicles. so possibly an increase of £5000 on the list price.

might put a deposit down, then order a new motability vehicle when my current one is due to go back (july) and wait.

Very interesting what Elon tweeted last week. I have a pre announcement reservation and he eluded to the fact that I may get my car next year.

However, this seems unlikely to me as they aren't starting build until July 1 and I doubt they'll reach RHD markets next year. But I was expected a 2019 delivery, so 2018 will be a huge bonus! :)

Hi all,

I am also a pre-announcement reservation holder in the UK and I am gutted to find out that the earliest expected delivery of the car is in 2019. I can't wait that long as my current car is dying. I am thinking of transferring my reservation to whoever who wants it. Can anyone please advise?

Mike

I am thinking of transferring my reservation to whoever who wants it

My understanding is that the starting point is that Model 3 reservations are not transferable ... so likely to need a change of heart on Tesla's part, mitigating circumstances, or good collaboration between the two parties e.g. joint ownership at purchase, which seems fairly improbably if the two parties are strangers ... maybe?

P.S. Presume you've considered chopping in your M3 reservation for a Model S? Maybe there will yet be more sweet-deals to facilitate that.