Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding in my experience here:

Approx. Time Reserved: 10:30PM ET, March 31, 2016
Reservation #:RN10853XXXX (from MyTesla page)
Email Received: No

My reservation was completed just as the official tweet went out that online orders were being accepted, so I must have hit refresh on the web page at just the right moment to get that time slot. By the time I switched browser tabs and logged into my credit card account, the transaction was already posted in the pending section. Had no luck getting on My Tesla all day until I got a few second glimpse around 1PM ET today. Grabbed a screen shot with the reservation number, updated my contact info (added an alternate contact) and hit save, then their site crashed. Around 5PM I was finally able to get back in. My contact change went through and now I'm able to get to the site without too many issues. No email yet, but per Tesla's twitter account, they should be going out within 24 hours or so.

Anyone made the MyTesla account after preordering AND also got the reservation number shown on MyTesla?
This is exactly what I did, and it all synced up. Put deposit down, 12 hours later created a MyTesla account and about 8 hours after that the reservation has just started to show. Still no email but stoked to see some confirmation it's all worked, as I was worried I had misspelt my email when reserving.

One thing I like about MyTesla is that you can enter an alternative contact person and can select that they will receive information when you do - anyway that's how I hope it works!

It's very important for me that my wife recieves updates when I do as I want her to feel it's her car and journey as well.

Approx Time Reserved: 07:12 pm PST, March 31, 2016 (before 'official' opening time)
Reservation #: No Reservation number yet showing in MyTesla
Email Received: Email yes at 10:44 AM PST 4/1/16

My concerns are two:

1) How is it that Tesla is going to know that I own an MS, and thus get the priority in line?

2) How good is the 'Tesla will match your reservation email to your MY TESLA account' theory ? At what point do we determine that they really didn't match everyone ?

Ok we need a code breaker! What do these numbers mean? I waited in line yesterday and got two reservations at the same time.

My RN's are different by 1,403,676 !? I think the "RN" means random number, NOT reservation number. This way nobody can tell where they are in line.

Just my .02

I'm the opposite. I got an email 5:38am PDT this morning, but still nothing on MyTesla :/

WHAT IS GOING ONNN?????? >.<

This is exactly what I did, and it all synced up. Put deposit down, 12 hours later created a MyTesla account and about 8 hours after that the reservation has just started to show. Still no email but stoked to see some confirmation it's all worked, as I was worried I had misspelt my email when reserving.

Could it be that 107xx are west coast reservations and 108xx are east coast (and rest of the country) numbers ?
No because my reservation number starts with 107 and I live in Saint Louis. It is likely tied to what server the Tesla center was connected to at the time.
Everyone should keep in mind that in the past the reservation numbers have had 0 impact on when your vehicle is delivered. It is not like the VIN that starts with 1 and goes up from there. And for best confirmation of your reservation check your account on Tesla.com

Anyone made the MyTesla account after preordering AND also got the reservation number shown on MyTesla?

Yes, I went in knowing that there wasn't a requirement for creating a My Tesla account. I can't find that post/thread that I saw that information now. Probably cluttered in the vast newbie posts after the reveal, being buried somewhere.

Approx. Time Reserved: 11:10 AM EST, March 31, 2016
Reservation #: RN10841xxxx
Email Received: Yes (12:06 PM EST, April 1, 2016)