Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 2 on the same order.

My reservation numbers are off significantly.

Car 1. 1075xxxxx
Car 2 1087xxxx

Remember this was on one order and my credit card was charged 2k (vs 1k at one time and 2k later)

I understand how the tax credit works. Tesla will eventually hit the 200,000 car mark where the credits start to get phased out. So if I'm earlier on the list, there is more likely chance I will get the full credit.

Tesla will greatly exceed 200k units before the 3 ships in any volume (assuming end of year for the start of 3 shipments)

If they don't the stock is at risk of being hammered which may cause problems in capital raising.

The best hope is that the government changes the limits and phase out

I noticed when I reserved mine it did not ask if I was an existing Tesla owner, how did you associate your reservation as an existing owner?

Provided you gave the same contact details as Tesla has on your existing vehicle they will pick it up. I was told that the actual priority flags will not be in place till "next week". Given the unexpected number of reservations I wouldn't be surprised if this all takes a while.

Tesla will greatly exceed 200k units before the 3 ships in any volume (assuming end of year for the start of 3 shipments)

If they don't the stock is at risk of being hammered which may cause problems in capital raising.

The best hope is that the government changes the limits and phase out

Tesla will either be in the phase out period in 2018, the govt might extend it, or since I'm an owner, I might be part of the earlier group who will still get the full credit. Either way for $7500 or $3750, it is better to be up front of the line for a $1000 deposit.

Also, it's US sales not global sales.

Tesla will either be in the phase out period in 2018, the govt might extend it, or since I'm an owner, I might be part of the earlier group who will still get the full credit. Either way for $7500 or $3750, it is better to be up front of the line for a $1000 deposit.
I'm hoping that I'll make it into the full credit group since I live in CA. If not, are you sure you want to drive a car with a front end that looks like that... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSqB
My reservation number appeared in MyTesla this morning

Model 3 RN1072xxxxx

I assume the number doesn't mean anything. But still feels cool to have it. After all these years of observing the Tesla community, I will soon become part of it. (Well, 2018 or 2019ish, anyway) ;)

Why are people standing in line to reserve this thing? Lol...just wait until it comes out and buy it then...man this is ridiculous. I see the same nonsense with the people who stand in line outside in the cold for a silly phone.

Mine will cost $7500 less than yours. I didn't wait in line, but did reserve in the Century City store prior to attending the reveal.

Reactions: Tico
Why get defensive about it and call someone a troll for stating a fact? No need to get butt-hurt.
What fact have you stated from what I quoted?

Why are people standing in line to reserve this thing? Lol...just wait until it comes out and buy it then...man this is ridiculous. I see the same nonsense with the people who stand in line outside in the cold for a silly phone.

People standing in line are doing it for the tax credits or rebates before they expire. The queue is already at 252,000. So your just wait until it comes out to buy it is just ridiculous. When it does come out, by your assessment it will take an additional few years before you're next in line for you. You think you can just walk into a Tesla store and say, "I want this one!" and they'll hand you the keys? They're built to order.

I'm sure there will be other good options 20 months from now. It's still silly to wait in line and put money on vaporware.

This is pure speculation. Other than the Bolt, which will be coming out by the end of this year, what other car manufacturer has a pure electric car in the works with a base price of $35,000 with similar range? You think that one day one will just drop out of the sky with no prior notice to the public?

You don't get a tax return deduction until you actually own the vehicle or it's documented that you do. A deposit doesn't quality.

You obviously don't understand why people are lining up. It has nothing to do with the deposit.

So yes I called you a troll. And no there wasn't a single fact that I quoted. The last one would be true if you didn't misconstrue it. I was pointing out that it had nothing to do with deposit but rather qualification for tax credits or rebates.

• Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and Nozferat
Reserved in person at the Vancouver, BC showroom around 12:10PM, March 31.

RN107021xxx
email confirmation received a day after and shows up in my Tesla page now.

Am a current Model S owner.
==============================================

Dear hpjtv,

I was curious about the reservation number myself. I was curious as to where I am at in line for my model 3.
If my calculation is correct. Your tesla model 3 is in
The Julian date for CE 2018 January 3

107021 is a julian date

I am a software engineer so I kinda recognized julian date.
I am not sure if anyone figure this out yet. Please confirm.
You can just google julian date and plug in the 5 digit follow by running a covert.
Have fun fellow future M 3 owner!!!!!!!!

I can't wait.

Dear hpjtv,

I was curious about the reservation number myself. I was curious as to where I am at in line for my model 3.

107021 is a julian date

You can just google julian date and plug in the 5 digit follow by running a covert.

I can't wait.

No secret about the RN number. It's not like someone is going to hack your RN number. Got a kick for those that ask if it's okay to share the RN number.

No secret about the RN number. It's not like someone is going to hack your RN number. Got a kick for those that ask if it's okay to share the RN number.

OH - One more tips for Californian. Once Tesla sell over 200K of the Model 3. Kiss good bye to your federal tax incentive.
I found it on some gov't site. You'll need to google it. Federal tax incentive is done if you bought Model 3 after they sold passed 200k.

OH - One more tips for Californian. Once Tesla sell over 200K of the Model 3. Kiss good bye to your federal tax incentive.
I found it on some gov't site. You'll need to google it. Federal tax incentive is done if you bought Model 3 after they sold passed 200k.

Keep reading... Once the number hits 200,000 the credit tapers down $3750 for 6 months, then $1875, for 6 months.

Source: Plug-In Electric Drive Vehicle Credit (IRC 30D)

Reactions: SCW-Greg
Selfishly (against Tesla's growth rate success between now and M3 rollout), that that 200k bridge isn't crossed until Q1 2018. ;)

Meanwhile, I think as the dust settles on just how many Model 3 reservations trend out over the next 12 months or so (could exceed 600,000+), it will be awfully hard to get buy-in on extending the tax credit sunset. 600k x 7500 = $4.5bil

Last edited:

Dear hpjtv,

107021 is a julian date

I can't wait.
Do you have a link to a calculator. The ones I am seeing all say 4417BCE for me which clearly has passed.