Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The RN number is no more than an account number and had no meaning other than linking you to the reservation. What you really want to see is your Reservation Sequence Number which denotes your place in line. Unlike on the Model S and X it is doubtful they will ever show this number for the Model 3.

Ordered 31 March just before the reveal that evening. I have my X Tesla page and it does not show my reservation. I have received no email or snail mail to date confirming reservation. I had a pending charge on my credit card within minutes of my reservation and that transitioned into a charge on following Saturday.

What number or email address should I use to verify my reservation for the model three?

Ordered 31 March just before the reveal that evening. I have my X Tesla page and it does not show my reservation. I have received no email or snail mail to date confirming reservation. I had a pending charge on my credit card within minutes of my reservation and that transitioned into a charge on following Saturday.

What number or email address should I use to verify my reservation for the model three?
You should have received an email within the first two-three days. You should have received an email at whatever email you used when reserving your Model 3. Have you checked your Spam folder? You will not receive anything via regular US Mail from Tesla.

I would contact Tesla at their main sales number which is listed on the Tesla web site.

They probably entered the wrong e-mail address. I ordered about the same time as you and have mine confirmed.

Approx. Time Reserved: 9::36 AM CST, March 31, 2016
Reservation #:RN80055XXX(from MyTesla page)
Email Received: Yes

the RN number in China is an 8-digit numeber, but the one in the U.S is a 9-digit number

I have reason to believe that the first four digits is your region and the rest is the sequence. I'm an owner and booked two reservations and both of mine started with 1072 however the the first reservation is below 100 (each owner is allowed one priority reservation per tesla you own) and the second one in the 5000s. I booked both at the same time and was around 300 in line from the 10am opening in Bay Area. I also believe this is true since they are delivering certain regions first and makes sense to bucket those by region.

RN1072000xx
RN1072059xx

I have reason to believe that the first four digits is your region and the rest is the sequence.
I ordered two at the exact same time 10:30EST and got 1075..., 1086....
There first 4 could indicate a very general region, but there is definitely no sequence after. It's an account number. I don't think even Tesla maintains a "sequence number" internally at this point. They do have the order time and the payment times to use for sequencing when they eventually decide how to best allocate the cars.