Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far it seems like only East Coasters have gotten their reservation #s showing up in MyTesla.... I figure even if they got my e-mail down wrong... my CC was charged and if worse comes to worse I can let them know so that the Res # that was assigned to the incorrect e-mail address can be transferred to my real one.

That being said... I think Tesla is just overloaded and it'll take a while to percolate and I have nothing to worry about.

I called the Burbank store and no one picked up. They must be slammed.

As a reminder the Model3Tracker.info site will go live at around midnight tonight. Please enter your information within the next day or so. This way we can get an idea of the number of reservation which have been made. Please enter all of the information requested (Reservattion Sequence Number, City, State, Zip Code).

If the reservation for the Model 3 is like the Tesla Model X reservations you will get two numbers. They will give you a reservation number which is a number which identifies you as a customer. This number should be kept private. The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others. This is the number you should enter into Model3Tracker.info . I am co-administrator of the Model3Tracker.info site so if you have question about the system send me a private message.

As a reminder the Model3Tracker.info site will go live at around midnight tonight. Please enter your information within the next day or so. This way we can get an idea of the number of reservation which have been made. Please enter all of the information requested (Reservattion Sequence Number, City, State, Zip Code).

If the reservation for the Model 3 is like the Tesla Model X reservations you will get two numbers. They will give you a reservation number which is a number which identifies you as a customer. This number should be kept private. The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others. This is the number you should enter into Model3Tracker.info . I am co-administrator of the Model3Tracker.info site so if you have question about the system send me a private message.

we do not have reservation sequence #'s, only reservation #'s

East Coasters don't have res #'s yet either. Agree, no worries.

I have mine, showed up first i checked when I got home (1.5 hr later)

Numbers do not seem to carry any information other than that they all seem to be 107* or 108*
No store correlation, no region correlation nothing. Having an IT background I assume they currently have 2 servers operating, one dishing out 107 numbers the other 108 numbers. Its a common practice to enable servers to handle high loads (like concert ticketing systems, etc.)

You just capture the info from the user, assign a unique number and store it somewhere (like high-througput queue system). Then other backend systems can process these reservations (in their own time) into actual reservations that hook up into your MyTesla account.

Australia numbers all seemed to start with 1000. Otherwise there didn't seem to be any logic in it or any link to order of reservation.

FYI the email confirmation came through withing 10 minutes and details showed up in my tesla immediately. I assume there's a fair bit more load on the system now though as in Australia we didn't have the volumes that are now occurring.

Hamburg, Germany, here. Thanks for mentioning "My Tesla", i hadn't thought of that. Tesla created automatically an account when i reserved my Model 3 today (the email went straight to my Spam folder).

"My Tesla" is hard to reach atm which is very telling in re Model 3 reservations.

My RN starts with 108

we do not have reservation sequence #'s, only reservation #'s

I have mine, showed up first i checked when I got home (1.5 hr later)

Maybe so but l still don't and I reserved in NJ @ apx 1pm-ish and still no number on the site. I'm sure it'll happen but like watching a pot of water on a stove (or waiting for cookies to bake).

Hey siri, play my 'waiting for reservation que number song list' - if time could saved in a bottle..... :D

Reserved at Topanga Mall store (West Hills, CA) at #170 in the line. Well, my dad did as I'm on vacation out of the country! I owe him for that...

The mall didn't allow camp outs or early arrives, so was glad when he got there at 8 and was "near" the front. Eventually 400 plus in line.

He got the order in around 11:30 am PT, so more than 2 hours ago, but no email and nothing my tesla. I'll definitely be on model3tracker.info site later.

Side note: long time lurker and first time poster. My order encouraged me to sign up and join the community. I bet I won't be the only one!

Reactions: EV-Bull
I made two reservations at the Manhasset NY store at about 10:45am EDT (one for my parents, one for me). The reservation for my parents shows up on their MyTesla account, mine does not show on mine. Neither reservation has received a confirmation e-mail, but two $1000 charges do show on my CC, so I assume I'm good.