Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

eloder

Mar 12, 2015
Ohio, USA
I am not a current owner, but I had created a My Tesla account before reserving. Processed my reservation at 10:04 AM this morning.

I now have a Model 3 Reservation Number showing. Does anyone know how to decode this to possibly see how early/late my reservation was compared to others? :)

(Also, I'd be happy to partially share my RN but I don't know how much is OK to give--if current owners have an insight).

Reserved in Raleigh around 10:35 or so (maybe a bit earlier). My number is RN10819XXXX. Also still have not received an email, but it did show up on my already existing My Tesla account. Can't figure out a method to the numbers. I mean, the 10819 is the same starting to the numbers that user thnp from Norway got. So I suspect the numbers are probably coded by the server or database used. Unless there is a Norway - North Carolina connection I don't know about? (Alphabetical?)

With past vehicles there's been a Reservation Number and a Sequence Number. The Reservation Number is merely an identifier and, at least with S and X didn't have any relationship really to the order in which reservations were made. The Sequence Number is the order in which they would invite folks to configure. My guess is that they're going away from that because they're going to be prioritizing deliveries on the west coast of the US over others to begin with and they want to be able to invite folks to configure on their terms without everyone getting bent out of shape.

Also, probably not a great idea to share the Reservation Number with anyone on the Internet. It's a private thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Sudre