Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved in Italy, but I live and will take delivery in California. Reserved at 10:20AM local time (1:20AM California time-sorry, guys in line back home!)...had email for creating a password within minutes and a confirmation minutes after that. Number starts with RN1077.

Same here (Seattle store) got my reservation in a couple hours ago, the hit to the CC happened right away so I have a timestamp for that. I'll recheck the mytesla page tomorrow and see if there's something there yet. Anyone who has a res# want to post a screenshot of where it's supposed to be?

Ugh, I envy those of you that have received an email confirmation and/or an update to My Tesla... I reserved this morning at 10:30am, got the charge on my (debit) card, but no reservation number or email... yet. :/

I am in the same boat. Reserved at 1045 CST. Credit card charged, but no email confirmation or any updates in MyTesla. I wouldn't worry, though, as Tesla said it could take up to 24 hours to get the confirmation email.

Can somebody post an image of what their MyTesla page looks like once a reservation number has been assigned?

Sure -
UKbX7G9.png

Does anyone know how to decode this to possibly see how early/late my reservation was compared to others? :)

It doesn't really matter since the order that they took your reservation doesn't necessarily mean that is the order that you will receive the car.

That is especially true for non-Tesla owners and non-West Coast based buyers.

I do think it's odd that some who resverve get an email in 5 minutes and many ( myself included ) don't

Reserved at 1145 am tysons corner sac center , I know my CC was charged , no email and no change on my tesla account , it still shows the build reservation I made for an S recently.

How about a correlation between who used a credit card to reserve - like a real, "line of credit", credit card - versus a debit card tied to a bank account?

I used a debit card, no confirmation or email... and saved up quite a bit to be able to dump it down. ;) (though in retrospect, I wish I used a credit card for the points... hah)

(edit: whoa! I can edit now! That's new...)

...The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number.

Sequence Number was issued In the beginning since the days of Roadster, Model S and early Model X reservation holders but not newer holders.

That number used to show up on "My Tesla" page.

One day, it just disappeared.

For those who had it from their e-mails, although they could not see it on the webpage, they can still find it in the web page source code.

At the same time, new reservation holders noticed that they only got RN number, not Sequence Number in their e-mails.

Since then, Sequence Number was no longer issued and those reservation holders can't find it anywhere, not from their e-mail receipt, not even from the web page source code.

Time will tell soon enough whether Tesla will still issue 2 numbers or still maintain the current practice of 1 number.