Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because if you didn't you'd be standing on the roadside looking on longingly as many thousands of Model 3 owners drive past in their new cars :) - for a year! Unlike the iphone where you could wait and buy one a couple of weeks after launch with this car you'll either be buying one off a second hand car site at 40% markup or wait until all the reservation holders get theirs.

It's a car....I doubt very much it's going to be special after the hype and production ramps up.

Unlike a phone, after cold freezing 2 nights and a long line, you would be able to touch it, use it and got your instant gratification.

Not with your Model ≡

At the end of the line, your wallet got lighter and in the US, you don't even get a receipt.

Oh! You got a hard hand shake from a real person but that's it!

But other wise, you got nothing for a long long time.

It's a product that will not be in production in 20 months from now.

It's a product that people didn't know what it looked like, how fast would it go, how many people will it carry...

It's a product that's been out of their reach for a decade.

The "silliness" that you see is a big leap of faith.

I'm sure there will be other good options 20 months from now. It's still silly to wait in line and put money on vaporware.

...I'm sure there will be other good options 20 months from now...

You can call them silly and I understand your rationale perfectly.

Please also understand that : Many people evaluate all future options and they come to a conclusion that base on evidences of the past, the best reasonable conclusion is to act TODAY.

I am not quite understand what "good options" that you mean.

You mean a promise of singular standard in fast charging such as the chaos of ChaDemo, SAE J1772 CCS, Mennekes Type 2, Mennekes without optional pins?

You mean a promise of much faster than what Tesla Supercharger can do now but none has even a protocol to match?

You mean a promise of much more robust growth of hydrogen cars that hardly has any significant pre-orders?

So you base "on other good options 20 months from now" and come to conclusion that you should NOT act today.

That is fine. You got your rationales, we got ours.

Come back in 20 months and tell us how you are doing.

Can you actually tell how many orders Tesla has so far from reading the RN (reservation number) or RSN (reservation sequence number)? Latest update from Elon is 232k orders, and I would assume the latest RN or RSN would reflect that?

As a reminder the Model3Tracker.info site will go live at around midnight tonight. Please enter your information within the next day or so. This way we can get an idea of the number of reservation which have been made. Please enter all of the information requested (Reservattion Sequence Number, City, State, Zip Code).

If the reservation for the Model 3 is like the Tesla Model X reservations you will get two numbers. They will give you a reservation number which is a number which identifies you as a customer. This number should be kept private. The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others. This is the number you should enter into Model3Tracker.info . I am co-administrator of the Model3Tracker.info site so if you have question about the system send me a private message.

The registration page still says "Model X Tracker", FWIW.

I reserved a 3 online at about 5pm EST on April 1 (I would have done it earlier but was out of the country on vacation and offline for 6 days). This morning (April 2) my 3 "Order Number RN107227XXX" was showing in mytesla account.

As a current S owner and a West Coast USA resident I am hoping my 3 will be delivered before mid-2018 but it may well be late 2018 if the production ramp is not as fast as Tesla wants it to be. I'm just thrilled for Tesla that the 3 reservation count has massively exceeded most people's expectations.

I'm sure there will be other good options 20 months from now. It's still silly to wait in line and put money on vaporware.
It's a car....I doubt very much it's going to be special after the hype and production ramps up.

What is really silly is coming to this forum trying to convince people not to reserve a Model 3. It's a complete waste of your time, so one wonders why you would bother, since you claim to be concerned with being "silly"....

Is there anyone else out there who reserved in-store still without a confirmation email and RN in my Tesla?

Or am I the special snowflake? They charged my card...
No email or Reservation # in My Tesla.
I reserved at Pasadena on 31st around 12:30pm.

As of last night (4/1), cc charge was still pending.
CC Company says they are just waiting for Tesla to process it.

I hope reservation priority is not related to when you get the Reservation # :eek:

No email or Reservation # in My Tesla.
I reserved at Pasadena on 31st around 12:30pm.

As of last night (4/1), cc charge was still pending.
CC Company says they are just waiting for Tesla to process it.

I hope reservation priority is not related to when you get the Reservation # :eek:

Thanks. Gonna give it the weekend as long as I'm not the only one. I reserved at about 1pm in Fremont, so right around the same time frame.