Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyone else out there who reserved in-store still without a confirmation email and RN in my Tesla?

Or am I the special snowflake? They charged my card...

I'm in the same boat.
But I did use a credit card that has an app that does an iPhone notification immediately when charged. I still have the notification on the phone that is time stamped when order was placed in the AM on the 31st in store. So I have proof of payment. CC website shows charge on the 31st as well.

Thanks. Gonna give it the weekend as long as I'm not the only one. I reserved at about 1pm in Fremont, so right around the same time frame.
Maybey each store has to process their own orders and our stores are slow.
Pasadena was badly understaffed and the store was tiny.

Sucks that online orders are getting confirmation emails way ahead of us.
: (

1. Deposit is 100% refundable
2. I don't recommend doing this, but you'll be able to flip the car for a nice profit (and I know a LOT of people are doing this)
3. Up to $10k incentive
4. No dealership bullshit

See if you can do that with a phone (ok, maybe no. 2)

I think that's enough reason.

Why are people standing in line to reserve this thing? Lol...just wait until it comes out and buy it then...man this is ridiculous. I see the same nonsense with the people who stand in line outside in the cold for a silly phone.

1. Deposit is 100% refundable
2. I don't recommend doing this, but you'll be able to flip the car for a nice profit (and I know a LOT of people are doing this)
3. Up to $10k incentive
4. No dealership bullshit

See if you can do that with a phone (ok, maybe no. 2)

I think that's enough reason.

Trying to beat the expiration of the $7500 Tax Credit is the only sane reason.
Phone people get to leave their line with a new phone.
All we get is; a reservation with unknown priority and $1000 added to our CC bill.

No worse than putting a deposit on any hot new car that gets announced, far ahead of its release.
Difference is, this car is not limited production (but it is slow production with a huge back order).

The tax credit is the reason I did it. To save $7500 was worth 3 hrs to me.

Trying to beat the expiration of the $7500 Tax Credit is the only sane reason.
Phone people get to leave their line with a new phone.
All we get is; a reservation with unknown priority and $1000 added to our CC bill.

No worse than putting a deposit on any hot new car that gets announced, far ahead of its release.
Difference is, this car is not limited production (but it is slow production with a huge back order).

I think the person was hoping that by waiting for the three hours in line, it would put the reservation ahead in queue, so there's a bigger chance he can get the $7500

Of course that's assuming Tesla doesn't screw up the ordering queue. For S and X owners, how was it in the past?

You don't get a tax return deduction until you actually own the vehicle or it's documented that you do. A deposit doesn't quality.

For S and X owners, how was it in the past?

For the S, Deliveries were pretty much consistent with your Sequence Number included in your e-mail receipt and "My Tesla" webpage.

There were minor out-of-sequence such as some Signatures got theirs after General Productions. Those could be because they did not finalize their configuration timely.

Another example of out-of-sequence was highly optioned reservation holders got theirs first even they were behind in sequence number.

Only very early Model X reservations got Sequence Numbers as those were suddenly discontinued Sequence Numbers have been missing in "My Tesla" webpage.

As a curiosity I ordered one 3 at a store where I was third in line: 10795xxxx
I ordered another after Elon said Brazil was included, used my Brazilian name, address and CC, but normal US email and phone: 10738xxxx.
Both showed up on MyTesla but the Brazilian one took a few hours to post.

Why are people standing in line to reserve this thing? Lol...just wait until it comes out and buy it then...man this is ridiculous. I see the same nonsense with the people who stand in line outside in the cold for a silly phone.

I'm sure there will be other good options 20 months from now. It's still silly to wait in line and put money on vaporware.

You don't get a tax return deduction until you actually own the vehicle or it's documented that you do. A deposit doesn't quality.
Wow must be April Troll Day.

FWIW, MyTesla page (which I created in 2012) now has my 2 reservations that I created at 7:12pm PDT on Thursday. Took about 40 hours to show up.

RN107061XXX
RN108289XXX

I'm wondering if the lower one is the one associated with the fact I already have a Tesla MS?

When I click 'View' there isn't much there, of course.

FWIW, MyTesla page (which I created in 2012) now has my 2 reservations that I created at 7:12pm PDT on Thursday. Took about 40 hours to show up.

RN107061XXX
RN108289XXX

I'm wondering if the lower one is the one associated with the fact I already have a Tesla MS?

When I click 'View' there isn't much there, of course.
The RN numbers are all messed up. I was in line and didn't get served until about 1:45PM PST. My number is in the 10823xxxx and I already have a Model S. My understanding with 2 reservations is that the first one goes in the first come first serve queue (minus employees, owners), then the other reservation goes in the back of the line again perhaps for two reservation queue?

Nevertheless, you would think my RN number would earlier than yours. I'm assuming your ordered online based on the time.