Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reservation page screen shot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

image-2.png
My wife and I placed our 3 reservation on April 1, and for the first time I noticed in MyTesla that our reservation is shown there. Just hadn't thought to look until now. For some reason the car is shown in blue. My guess is that Tesla randomly shows different colors. I hadn't seen one in blue before. Thought I would start a thread to encourage people to post screenshots of their Model 3 reservation pages so we could see what colors Tesla is showing the car in (Note I am NOT assuming that the 3 will be offered in the specific colors shown, I think by the time production begins there will be at least a few new colors, especially since the new paint shop will be in operation).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it appears that all the Model 3 reservation pages in My Tesla show blue cars. So much for a little variety. ;)

I am curious: how is publicly displaying a reservation number potentially a problem? Tesla knows that number is unique to my account. I don't see how anyone else could use it to cause a problem for me or for Tesla.

I am curious: how is publicly displaying a reservation number potentially a problem? Tesla knows that number is unique to my account. I don't see how anyone else could use it to cause a problem for me or for Tesla.

There is always a possibility that someone with clever social engineering skills (or a mistake by Tesla's part) may take over your reservation. Best not to publish this number out in the open and not to make it too easy to be exploited for nefarious intentions.

if you look at the page source, its just a static link to a single image, no variables anywhere.
Likely that everyone has the same image :)

Probably is a static image in this case (as there is no evidence for anything other than blue), but a server-side script can easily display a different image for each user without it showing up in variables, which are usually there only for interactive user forms.

Probably is a static image in this case (as there is no evidence for anything other than blue), but a server-side script can easily display a different image for each user without it showing up in variables, which are usually there only for interactive user forms.
agreed - but that usually has the image name as the variable rather than hard coded as in this case.
It just looks very static to me.