Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reservations in store in HK on 31 March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Markwj, how many store reps were there? If 3 reps, most people didnt have an account take 10 minutes per reservations, thats roughly 20ppl per hour. So if there were 50 ppl in line an hour later, thats not very many arriving.

The store reps in HK were not taking us through the whole process. All we did was enter our details and email address on their ipads and then we were told to follow the instructions sent to the email later on at home (or in my case outside the store). This is irrespective of whether we had a MyTesla account or not. So the process only took 3 mins. I was the first and my email asking me for payment details came at 10.04 am outside the store.

Went to the Repulse Bay shop around 10:15am. Less than 10 people in line at that time. I had MyTesla account details ready and the in store process took less than a minute. Like the above post says, you have to finish the reservation process online by paying the HKD$10k online. Then a reservation confirmation email will be sent to you.

Excited to see what the Model3 details are...

Markwj, how many store reps were there? If 3 reps, most people didnt have an account take 10 minutes per reservations, thats roughly 20ppl per hour. So if there were 50 ppl in line an hour later, thats not very many arriving.

There were four customers at a time, in TML. I was in and out in a couple of minutes. Settled payment on the street outside.

Who's ready for the Model 3 announcement? model3.tesla.com (order online here)

Ready...

Ready 1,2,3.png

I attempted to reserve online yesterday just after the unveiling (though before watching it, as the video was very slow to load). I was informed I'd receive email confirmation within 48 hours. It's not quite 24 hours yet, but certainly no email so far...

Just received my email and paid my deposit. 24 hours and probably hundreds of reservations behind Mark WJ, but I was not sure I *needed* this car - however it may well provide all the carrying capacity I do need at half the price of a Model S, be much easier to park (save on body repair bills) and it sounds like it might have more technically advanced batteries than my current Model S, which will probably keep the weight down. Maxed out, it will probably be a very fast sports saloon, and much lighter and most likely better handling than a Model S. OK, I *need* one. Maybe if I trade in my Roadster for the Model 3, I'll have a radio that works...!

Any thoughts on:

1. how many people might have placed a reservation for a Model 3 in Hong Kong (my 'finger in the air' guess - perhaps 500?); and

2. when we might see the first Model 3 on the road in Hong Kong: (my guess: late 2019?)

Volta.

Any thoughts on:

1. how many people might have placed a reservation for a Model 3 in Hong Kong (my 'finger in the air' guess - perhaps 500?); and

2. when we might see the first Model 3 on the road in Hong Kong: (my guess: late 2019?)

Volta.

1. Must be more than 500 if you also count online reservations? If you are counting physical reservations in store on 31 March alone yes maybe around 500. But there must have been plenty more reservations online. Just look at how many young Model S Uber drivers there are on the street right now who will be ready to pounce on the opportunity to cut their overhead costs further. Then there will be the general public and the appeal of the model 3 etc.

2. Yep I'd go with late 2019 too. Expectations of punctuality set low...

1. Must be more than 500 if you also count online reservations? If you are counting physical reservations in store on 31 March alone yes maybe around 500. But there must have been plenty more reservations online. Just look at how many young Model S Uber drivers there are on the street right now who will be ready to pounce on the opportunity to cut their overhead costs further. Then there will be the general public and the appeal of the model 3 etc.

2. Yep I'd go with late 2019 too. Expectations of punctuality set low...

And for me then, late 2020, as I only got around to reserving today ...