Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservations List - Australian TMC Edition

Candleflame

Mar 9, 2015
QLD, Australia
how do you guys know if you have successfully reserved? i put my name ,card details in etc, and it said "Successful". But i got no email and no money has been taken from my account

Seesaw

Nov 9, 2013
how do you guys know if you have successfully reserved? i put my name ,card details in etc, and it said "Successful". But i got no email and no money has been taken from my account

Double check that funds available hasn't been reduced by $1,500. They don't debit straight away but it should be a pending payment in the back end.

Also you could make a MyTesla account using the same email address you entered on the reservation page. My reservation showed up on MyTesla about 5 hours before I got the email.

moose

Apr 1, 2016
Bli Bli
RN100063892 / Qld / Bli Bli / non owner / 3rd in queue at Carindale on 31 March / installing Tesla Powerwall in our house under construction

timpoo

Mar 30, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Updated to here. 35 in total atm - which is probably like 10-15% of total reservation pool. Not a bad sample size.

State by State breakdown:

VIC 17.14%
NSW 48.57%
QLD 8.57%
WA 11.43%
SA 8.57%
ACT 5.71%
TAS 0.00%
NT 0.00%

Owners 68.57%, Non Owners 31.43% - though I expect that's because this is a TMC forum...

Reactions: Seesaw

paulp

Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide, Australia
Latest worlwide number is 235,000. So if the sample is at best 10%, ie 350 cars......well no priority for Australia.
But it was predicted 2000 years ago I believe;
"He who is first shall be last"

Seesaw

Nov 9, 2013
Latest worlwide number is 235,000. So if the sample is at best 10%, ie 350 cars......well no priority for Australia.
But it was predicted 2000 years ago I believe;
"He who is first shall be last"
Where is 350 coming from for Australia? Has this been disclosed?
I'm betting at least 2000.

Obviously this is all a guess from me

Last edited:

Seesaw

Nov 9, 2013
Based on timpoo's post above mine......which I thought was reasonably clear. Doubt anyone other than a select few at tesla know the real number.

Yes mid-read the sample assumption, apologies. my guess Australia would account for 2% of something like this - the difference is we don't get the EV incentives that other countries get, so halving it would be around 2,000. No science at in my guess at all.

It's probably a case of wishful thinking as its in our interests to have lots of reservations so as to have a higher priority seat at the production table.

Should have a guessing thread.

Last edited:

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy with precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Canberra.
It seems to me that ggr is the best-positioned to answer this question:

You show you received a reservation number for your Australian Model 3 - did you get one for the US one? Neither I nor any of the few I've talked to have received - as of yet - anything but an email saying "confirmed". I'm assuming it's just that the book is set up differently in Oz....and desperately hoping so as they only have, ummm....18-20 months to get it sorted out!:eek:

timpoo

Mar 30, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys - I completely screwed my calculations - the old "left out a zero". I predict that Tesla have sold around 1% of Model S in Australia, so applying that to Model 3 reservations would give us around about 2500 orders. Meaning this is like 1.3% sample!! Haha. Alright better get more data points. Sorry about the confusion!

Reactions: baillies

cjlawton

Apr 3, 2016
Sydney
Hi everyone, new here.

I don't wish to appear stupid, but where is the Reservation Number located, I have check the confirmation email about 100 times and can't see anything?

Thanks,

Chris

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC