Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservations List - Australian TMC Edition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how do you guys know if you have successfully reserved? i put my name ,card details in etc, and it said "Successful". But i got no email and no money has been taken from my account

Double check that funds available hasn't been reduced by $1,500. They don't debit straight away but it should be a pending payment in the back end.

Also you could make a MyTesla account using the same email address you entered on the reservation page. My reservation showed up on MyTesla about 5 hours before I got the email.

Updated to here. 35 in total atm - which is probably like 10-15% of total reservation pool. Not a bad sample size.

State by State breakdown:

VIC 17.14%
NSW 48.57%
QLD 8.57%
WA 11.43%
SA 8.57%
ACT 5.71%
TAS 0.00%
NT 0.00%

Owners 68.57%, Non Owners 31.43% - though I expect that's because this is a TMC forum...

Reactions: Seesaw
Latest worlwide number is 235,000. So if the sample is at best 10%, ie 350 cars......well no priority for Australia.
But it was predicted 2000 years ago I believe;
"He who is first shall be last"
Where is 350 coming from for Australia? Has this been disclosed?
I'm betting at least 2000.

Obviously this is all a guess from me

Last edited:
Based on timpoo's post above mine......which I thought was reasonably clear. Doubt anyone other than a select few at tesla know the real number.

Yes mid-read the sample assumption, apologies. my guess Australia would account for 2% of something like this - the difference is we don't get the EV incentives that other countries get, so halving it would be around 2,000. No science at in my guess at all.

It's probably a case of wishful thinking as its in our interests to have lots of reservations so as to have a higher priority seat at the production table.

Should have a guessing thread.

Last edited:
Canberra.
It seems to me that ggr is the best-positioned to answer this question:

You show you received a reservation number for your Australian Model 3 - did you get one for the US one? Neither I nor any of the few I've talked to have received - as of yet - anything but an email saying "confirmed". I'm assuming it's just that the book is set up differently in Oz....and desperately hoping so as they only have, ummm....18-20 months to get it sorted out!:eek:

Hey guys - I completely screwed my calculations - the old "left out a zero". I predict that Tesla have sold around 1% of Model S in Australia, so applying that to Model 3 reservations would give us around about 2500 orders. Meaning this is like 1.3% sample!! Haha. Alright better get more data points. Sorry about the confusion!

Reactions: baillies