TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model 3 Reveal Cars Charging Location

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tdelta1000, Apr 12, 2016.

1. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Like so many on this forum and many around the world. The question that we wanted to know was where is the charging port? Well the answer has just surfaced in this video.

Go to 0:24 of the video and you will two Model 3s charging with their trunks open. I guess TM had not finalized the charging port prior to the unveil.

2. secondstage

secondstage Member

Good observation.
    I dont think Tesla start with the production of Model 3 2017. Looks more like 2018 as i always said. So there is so more time to make the best car in the world!

3. AG6

AG6 Member

I may have missed it at :24 where is it

4. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

It's subtle. Look at the white car and you can just see the supercharger cable snaking into the trunk. Obviously not the final solution.

5. Colsla

Colsla Member

One of the vids of the reveal, a passenger asked the driver (engineer) if the charging on Model 3 will be located at the same place as Model S and he said yes. The reason this is being charged through trunk is because its a prototype. Also reminds me of a vid where they showed a trunk, the engineer said the trunk is smaller now (at the reveal) because there is a 'prototype equipment' in there. He probably was referring to the charging equipment.