Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reveal Dates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

walla2

Jul 15, 2012
I hate that I get notice of Tesla events in the past with only a weeks notice. Like many of you, its hard to get to anything that isn't planned for weeks or months due to other commitments.

Has anybody heard of a potential date or location for the reveal? If we were able to pencil something in now, the working dead might actually be able to attend an event.

I hate that I get notice of Tesla events in the past with only a weeks notice. Like many of you, its hard to get to anything that isn't planned for weeks or months due to other commitments.

Has anybody heard of a potential date or location for the reveal? If we were able to pencil something in now, the working dead might actually be able to attend an event.

I would hold out the last 7-10 days of March. Likely the end of the month. TM tries to squeak in at the last minute.

After unveiling the 3, it will be interesting to see what they announce of Friday, the 1st!

The Model Y

4d3313a4a1e8d32f374eb6746d043a28.jpg

Attachments

• 4d3313a4a1e8d32f374eb6746d043a28.jpg
    4d3313a4a1e8d32f374eb6746d043a28.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 189
My guess is the a week before the end of March or March 24th so that Tesla would be able to start collecting reservation money between announcement and March end in order to have these reservation funds booked in. It would also help them build buzz around the "success" of their model 3 unveil on their earnings call for Q1'16 versus punting it out to Q2'16 earnings call.

My guess is the a week before the end of March or March 24th so that Tesla would be able to start collecting reservation money between announcement and March end in order to have these reservation funds booked in. It would also help them build buzz around the "success" of their model 3 unveil on their earnings call for Q1'16 versus punting it out to Q2'16 earnings call.

To have the reveal at the 31th, and open the reservations on the April 1th they will not have any information of the reservations in the Q1 results, but if the numbers are good Elon can talk about it in the Q1 earnings call, and if it is not as good, he may keep quiet until the Q2 results....