Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Reveal Event Coverage (3/31/16) 8:30PM PST - Discussion/Pictures/Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taken just now:
2016-03-31 (5).jpg

Definitely getting a silver performance, highly optioned Model 3 to match my silver S90D! Glad I reserved in store early today to help with my delivery window. The Bolt looks awful and probably seriously underperforms the Model 3 in all facets for around the same price. I highly doubt anyone else will be able to come out with anything nearly compelling for ICE cars in this price range as well. Big win for Tesla here.

Reactions: forumman83
The Toyota Yaris only has a display in the center console. I rented one a few years ago, and I did not like having to look in the middle.

You get used to it pretty quickly. I drive a 2001 Toyota Echo (the Yaris's predecessor) and it has the gauges in the center as well. It actually has an advantage - your eyes travel a shorter distance from the display to the road ahead than in a standard configuration.

I would not be surprised to see them revert to a setup like the S, but I would not count on it, either.

• Funny
Reactions: nanimac
The Toyota Yaris only has a display in the center console. I rented one a few years ago, and I did not like having to look in the middle.

My Saturn has the display in the center. You get used to it very quick. You get slightly better visibility directly in front of you.

Still, I bet this is something that will definitely change. A floating console has inherent problems. Too much pressure and it can easily break.

I'm really getting the impression Tesla feels they have compition somewhere, maybe not from a source we are aware of. Possible Apple? Elon is holding cards because someone is a threat. This reveal was light on details for sure.

If what I remember is correct, tonight's concept reveal provided about as much specific information as the Model X reveal. Elon probably can't give out more specific details because the final tuning of the car hasn't been worked out yet.

I did not get the sense that any of tonight's event was driven by competitive threats.