TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model 3 Reveal Timeline - Prediction

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bonnie, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Based on previous events, I thought I'd put together a timeline of what will be happening leading up to the event. Your predictions? Let the games begin! :)

1) There will be endless speculation about what the date might be. Will it be before or after production starts? Will it be before or after the first is delivered? Are there clues buried in Elon's tweets?

2) Event ticket winners through the referral program or the video prize will be notified at least a few weeks in advance, to allow time for travel plans.

3) Other invitees will find out about a week before the event. People will complain about the short notice.

4) People will refresh their email obsessively throughout the day, hoping an invite has arrived. Spam folders will be checked.

5) Someone will set up a thread where people can ask to be the +1 for lucky invitees who might have a spare seat.

6) Leaked photos will be posted somewhere and people will lose their minds.

7) Countless theories will be put forward as to the algorithm used to determine who to invite. Inputs will consist of what previous Tesla is owned, Sig or not, geographic location, etc.

8) People will start asking if it will be livestreamed. Some attendees will say they're going to stream the event (but will find out, once there, that there is not adequate bandwidth - plus who wants to stand around with a camera instead of party?)

9) Someone will set up a thread for photos. Someone else will declare #Model3Reveal to be the official hashtag.

10) Invitees will be requested to get specific measurements. Clearance? Width? A few will bring tape measures and diligently get all the requested data.

11) Those invited will find their popularity has grown by an order of magnitude, as people start privately messaging invitees with the reason they need to be one one invited.

12) There will be a few more people invited as spots are filled for original invitees who have declined. This will start the craziness all over again.​

A few tips:
    If you're planning on going, immediately respond to the email invite. When an event fills up, subsequent RSVPs are not confirmed.

If you're not planning on going, PLEASE for the sake of fellow reservation holders, decline the invite so they extend to someone else.​

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 6
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I think your item #1 has already occurred.

• Like x 2
  3. bonnie

Yep - well, at least it's started. I don't think it's complete yet.

People need to pace themselves. :)

4. Jersey Shore Tom

Jersey Shore Tom Supporting Member

What's that, a beta Model 3 is going to be the pace car at the Indianapolis 500 this year? I hope it is matte black.

• Funny x 3
  5. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

It seems all the speculation out there starts right here at TMC. No need to leave the bubble! :)

• Like x 2
  7. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

I think we should think about this from a first physics principle:).

"First principles” is a physics way of looking at the world…what that really means is that you boil things down to the most fundamental truths…
    and then reason up from there…that takes a lot more mental energy — Elon Musk".

So the only fundamental truth I know is sometime this year we will see the Model 3 and I will get my Model 3 sometime next year!

Isn't speculation grand?

• Like x 1
  8. gregd

gregd Active Member

Bonnie, I think you missed one...

1.5 Some time during #1, the Tesla Board of Directors will declare the Beta Car milestone to have been met. Elon will get a sizable check in the mail and remind Wall Street yet again that they are on track, but without providing any further details, pictures, or dates. Speculation will take on epic proportions, causing the TMC website to go down. Seeking Alpha will cite this as evidence that the Tesla factory is falling apart. Later it will be revealed that they had been quietly advising clients to buy up land in Alviso, predicting it would become oceanfront property after the next big earthquake.

• Funny x 2
  9. bonnie

Totally missed that one. Thanks for the correction :).

10. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

I totally agree on all you said except this. I'm thinking about starting a new thread to speculate if it will be #Model3Reval3 or #Model3Reval5 (Elon loves five-part trilogies) ;)

11. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

• Funny x 3
  12. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Also TSLA stock will quickly shoot up again on news that the reveal is real... only to dip down again after the reveal.

• Like x 2
  13. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

2.5 Someone creates a "countdown" thread once the Reveal Part Trois date is announced. :)

• Like x 1
  14. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Oh please not another "countdown" thread...

15. Bokonon

Bokonon Title-customizing Member

Ah, don't worry, there won't be a new countdown thread... someone will just revive the old one. :D

• Like x 1
  16. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

I need the "agree" button.

17. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

Agree :)