Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will they display a vehicle or just written specs and an artist rendering?
What are the odds that they're going to have a drawing considering they're sending out invites to the event for people around the world?

Elon Musk: "This is the new Model 3!" <holds up a notebook containing a badly rendered drawing in crayon>

Will they display a vehicle or just written specs and an artist rendering?
Unknown. It will likely just be some pictures of some nature.

Elon Musk said:
“The first pictures of the Model 3 will be end of March,” Musk said at an event in Chambourcy, France... “I am being a little coy here, we are not gonna show everything about the Model 3 until a lot closer to production time.”
Source: Mashable

Unknown. It will likely just be some pictures of some nature.

Source: Mashable
Sigh. ONE MORE TIME!

Elon Musk was NOT saying the release would be just a drawing. A reporter asked a specific question, "When will pictures be available?" Elon Musk answered "At the end of March." I don't know why so many people are twisting an answer to a completely different question into his saying that the release would be just a drawing.

Possible reasons that Elon's going to hold back on some of the 3's features:

1) Dependent on Gigafactory ramp up.
2) Doesn't want to flag up R&D intentions to the Chinese.
3) They want to maintain healthy cashflow / sales of the S and the X.

I would feel very strongly that they have to give more than a few sketches and artist's renderings in order to satisfy the interest of those who are more than ready to buy a Model 3. Musk simply won't get up and show a notebook with drawings of a concept. It's got to be a prototype that will be presented at the very least.

Sigh. ONE MORE TIME!

Elon Musk was NOT saying the release would be just a drawing. A reporter asked a specific question, "When will pictures be available?" Elon Musk answered "At the end of March." I don't know why so many people are twisting an answer to a completely different question into his saying that the release would be just a drawing.
It's still "unknown." So asserting that it's pictures or more than pictures is purely guessing.

It's still "unknown." So asserting that it's pictures or more than pictures is purely guessing.
I ask again. What are the odds of it just being pictures what with their actually having a reveal event, and inviting press and audience members from around the world for it? You have to use some logic, and understand that the quote about pictures being available at the end of March was a response to a specific question NOT related to the launch.

Can you imagine the bad press they'd get if it was just pictures?

Company history asserts that it is more than pictures. They've done this five times now. At no reveal event has there been only pictures.

When did a wild interpretation of the press gain credibility? The press creates scandal so they can get more people to read their story. It doesn't make the scandal real.

At the very beginning of the questioning in the press event Elon commented that the press and random people love to make outrageous claims from what he says. It was a self fulfilling statement in this instance.

I would feel very strongly that they have to give more than a few sketches and artist's renderings in order to satisfy the interest of those who are more than ready to buy a Model 3. Musk simply won't get up and show a notebook with drawings of a concept. It's got to be a prototype that will be presented at the very least.

id laugh so hard if i was watching the livestream and Musk goes "READY FOR MODEL 3?????????!!!!!" and then whips out an ipad and shows everyone a picture of the car. xD