Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Review after Test Drive - "Better than a BMW"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Tesla is Trackable... Good to know. Unfortunately, while they maybe competitive at drags or auto-x, on a road course, it's not even close to the BMW M3(latest F80 version). Fastest posted Laguna Seca laptimes by pro drivers, 1.39 for the BMW M3/M4, 1.48 for the Tesla Model S. So, while I would love to put to pasture some of my ICE "sports" cars, that will have to wait till there is more development of EVs. Wait, when was the Roaster 2.0 coming out again? ;)
so your a pro driver?...

This was my last ICE sports car. Shelby 427 CSX4795...600hp & the scariest thing I've ever been in on a track...:eek:
FolsomCobraOct06_015.jpg

This was my last ICE sports car. Shelby 427 CSX4795...600hp & the scariest thing I've ever been in on a track...:eek:
View attachment 172711

Sweet! Yeah I believe it! 600hp+<2500lbs+short Wheelbase+RWD=SCARY FUN!!! Believe it or not, my most scariest car on the track was a Porsche 996 Cabriolet with VF engineering supercharger kit. Narrow body RWD with 500HP+ and all the weight in the back was not fun at the track... My current scary car on the track is the 2016 M3, Twin Turbo I6, tuned to 600HP. Crazy torque from 1500rpms. This car on street tires is scary on the track with traction control off. I suspect this is how the Tesla will feel like on the track if you could turn off all the electronic helpers...