Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RHD delivery started in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hiroshiy

I got one on September 13th. Many folks start getting deliveries this weekend and throughout September. Will see September sales numbers in October.

Tesla is using Superchargers for delivery locations, in addition to showrooms and service centers.. At least I heard some people are getting delivery at Odaiba supercharger... not sure how they do paperwork there. Maybe bring some tents?

Hi there,

Any news recently on new Tesla model 3s arriving to Japan? I ordered mine early July and those days on the ordering site it was written that estimated delivery after mid August but still haven't heard almost anything. On the Web site it just tells to wait for the delivery expert to contact me.

I hope all is fine. I wonder how many model 3 were in the end reserved in Japan.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I got one on September 13th. Many folks start getting deliveries this weekend and throughout September. Will see September sales numbers in October.

Tesla is using Superchargers for delivery locations, in addition to showrooms and service centers.. At least I heard some people are getting delivery at Odaiba supercharger... not sure how they do paperwork there. Maybe bring some tents?

Any idea how many model 3’s last month in Japan?

Hi there,

Any news recently on new Tesla model 3s arriving to Japan? I ordered mine early July and those days on the ordering site it was written that estimated delivery after mid August but still haven't heard almost anything. On the Web site it just tells to wait for the delivery expert to contact me.

I hope all is fine. I wonder how many model 3 were in the end reserved in Japan.

Tesla Japan is usually overwhelmed so you might better call them to see the status of your order. As you know in Japan car registration is done by Tesla (at least that's the way Japanese do) so delivery guys have 2x-3x more work to do.

Any idea how many model 3’s last month in Japan?

According to JAIA, it seems approx 311 cars including S/X/3.

Reactions: baillies