Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Road Trip Stops - January 2nd, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bokonon

Title-customizing Member
Jan 28, 2016
Newton, MA
As some of you may know, a fellow named You You Xue is driving his Model 3 across the country, and he is scheduled to stop in several New England locations tomorrow (January 2nd). This is a great chance to see the Model 3 up close if you haven't already (and most of us here in New England have not). You can even "bid" to test-drive his car briefly for yourself, if you're so inclined.

Below is the tentative itinerary (and I cannot emphasize the "tentative" aspect enough, given how "optimistic" it is).

1pm - Milford, CT Supercharger
Charging Stop

3pm - Dedham, MA Supercharger
Meet and Greet

4pm - East Greenwich, RI Supercharger
Charging Stop

8pm - South Burlington, VT Supercharger
Meet and Greet

He will likely add more charging stops on-the-fly, especially given the weather. You can track his position in real-time on Glympse, and he also tends to post updates/questions/polls about upcoming stops to his Facebook Page.

I'll be at the Dedham event, barring an epic delay in his arrival.

• Informative
Reactions: EdA
I’d be willing to go to Dedham if I had a better idea of the time. This route/timing doesn’t make sense as the East Greenwich Supercharger is between Milford CT and Dedham MA. And he’ll likely need to charge at West Lebanon NH before South Burlington VT.

Plus he should go to the new Cambridgeside Supercharger instead of Dedham - it’s indoors!

The original itinerary was to Boylston St, Boston instead of Dedham - they moved out to Dedham at peoples suggestion to avoid parking fees and avoid some of the city traffic. Cambridge wouldnt' have been much better than Boylston St.

I'm planning on stopping by Dedham if I can...

Here is his route

Model 3 Route.png

Wish Leominster were on the itinerary. Dedham's too far for me to make it

I would keep an eye on his Glympse and Facebook page to see what route he ultimately takes -- his plans and routes have proven to be somewhat fluid in the past. Although I think he'll probably head to Burlington via Hookset to cater to people in Maine, there's a slight chance he could go via Auburn or even Leominster if traffic conditions favor that route.

You You arrived at the Toronto SuC at 3am (EST) this morning. There must have been a couple dozen people waiting for him at that undogly hour. Temperature was -22F. He said that in these conditions his range had been reduced by 40/45%. Today he swings down back to the US in Michigan. He is a resident in San Francisco and already owns an MS. He needs to be back in SF by January 13. He said that "thousands" have sat in his car on this trip and so far around 300 he have opted for a test drive. He expects that by the time he gets back to SF around 500 will have gone for a test drive. Although he has had a couple of minor problems, he understands this is a new build (he took possession on 12/23/17) and he had expected this. He did have to stop and switch out his 19" Sportwheels for new rims with snow tires. In total, he seemed very pleased with his car.

Interesting stuff!