Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Road Trip @ Toronto Tesla Lawrence Jan 4th 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I put this into an existing thread, but think this may deserve it's own thread. A couple of guys are doing a road trip to show the Model 3, and is expected to arrive at Tesla Lawrence on Thursday January 4th at 8pm. It is highly recommended to RSVP. They claim they are expecting over 200 people currently.

Given how they are conducting the trip, I do not know how accurate the time is, and it's probably best to follow the link below and watch the progress. Within the page, there's a link to see a Glympse tracking of the road trip.

Below is a link to the event.

Tesla Model 3 Road Trip

Was planning on attending but this being at Lawrence which is always super full on any given day plus the huge turnout expected, i'm going to pass. It's going to be freezing cold as well and trying to wade through potentially hundreds of people doesn't sound fun.

We really need to discourage this guy from going to Lawrence.
Trevor Page has already posted in Facebook that Vaughan Supercharger would be a far better spot.
Lawrence has limited parking and most SC stalls are not functioning.

Then I suggest you add your 2 cents on the Facebook page and emphasize your rationale. They may have their reasoning, considering how many places they've visited thus far.

ive been following him last 2 days. Hes at the Drummondville SC right now. Hes a few hours late. Lots of short charging legs with the weather. Rarely will you get an answer from him. Bottom link on the left of his Facebook page has FAQ's google RSVP sheet and the waiver. you have to register on the google document to drive and say how much you will pay. He was supposed to be YUL at 5 but now looking like 7:30. He said the dates and times are just placeholders and watch the live linked map on Glympse to figure out where he is and he updates the time on the event tab. The event order is crewed up a bit and probably fixed in YUL. His midnight Burlington VT last night was at 3am. Be prepared.

Then I suggest you add your 2 cents on the Facebook page and emphasize your rationale. They may have their reasoning, considering how many places they've visited thus far.
There is no reasoning. Trevor Page from Model 3 Owners Club already posted on his page. I have tried messaging him with no response. We all know Lawrence is a zoo at the best of times.
If anyone goes to Lawrence it is at their own risk. I also know that Tesla does not approve of this.

Now Ottawa at 10:30am 4’th, Kingston at 2:00pm 4’th, Toronto at 8:00pm 4’th.

I messaged him to seriously consider changing to the 20 stall SC at Concord. He does his own thing.

I’ll be at Kingston.

Yes, I believe someone talked to him personally yesterday, so he ended up at Place Vertu Supercharger.

That was really nice, car was just washed before as he went to Montreal Auto Prix for a small kind of private presentation.

From what I understand, he needs to go through a service center, that is why he tries to schedule meet & greet overthere, but since he is on Elon Musk's time himself, he is always few hours late and miss them all the time.

But he already drove 12.000 km with his car, and he is now, again, alone driving, so this is not an easy task (especially when he cannot use AP like yesterday because of the snow).
Finally, he has to be back in California at a certain date and no later, so he may skip some meetings, especially close to the end.

He’s in Ottawa right now at the SC. Got there at 3:50pm. I’m in Kingston waiting. Was originally supposed to be here yesterday at 7:00pm. He Stayed in Montreal and then got snow tires/wheels this morning. Original estimate for Kingston today was 2:00pm. His newest eta for Kingston is 7:15pm. It’s 5:20pm now and he’s still parked at the Rideau Center.......It’s a couple of hours to Kingston sooooooo we wait.

He’s in Ottawa right now at the SC. Got there at 3:50pm. I’m in Kingston waiting. Was originally supposed to be here yesterday at 7:00pm. He Stayed in Montreal and then got snow tires/wheels this morning. Original estimate for Kingston today was 2:00pm. His newest eta for Kingston is 7:15pm. It’s 5:20pm now and he’s still parked at the Rideau Center.......It’s a couple of hours to Kingston sooooooo we wait.

Thanks for the update. Personally, I'm glad he got the snow tires.

Note for Toronto - it's slipped to midnight, and most likely even later.

THE PAGE IS NOW SHOWING AS BEING LOCATED AT Vaughan Mills (Concord SC).

I think the way to take it, is that this is a guy taking this trip solo showing his own car, without endorsement from Tesla, so for those attending I hope they remember that. Unfortunately, given the time frame I can't make it, but I understand that and appreciate his effort.

Thanks for the update. Personally, I'm glad he got the snow tires.

Note for Toronto - it's slipped to midnight, and most likely even later.

THE PAGE IS NOW SHOWING AS BEING LOCATED AT Vaughan Mills (Concord SC).

I think the way to take it, is that this is a guy taking this trip solo showing his own car, without endorsement from Tesla, so for those attending I hope they remember that. Unfortunately, given the time frame I can't make it, but I understand that and appreciate his effort.
Someone buy this guy dinner

Now the ETA is 2:35AM @ Vaughan Mills.

Drove it tonight in Kingston. Very small group. Never driven an EV before. All I can say is if I thought I really liked it before I now, hands down, love it. Very comfortable seats, great visibility, great seamless power and very cool regen. The screen for me is perfectly located and very responsive. Thanked You You for making this happen.

Here's a photo from the Kingston meetup
IMG_0773.PNG

Reactions: Lon12